• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are slow characters better in online matches involving lag?

ares04

Smash Rookie
I notice that it's harder for me to play with faster players like pit because of the 0.5 sec delay in online matches.

but when i played as king dedede, i was great.

has anyone else noticed this?

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
depends on how bad the lag is, and whether you're used to playing with it. I'm kind of used to playing as kirby in lag from playing 64 online, but as for D3, well i'd say its 50-50 whether lag helps him or not. On the positive side, you'll probably land some fsmashes here and there that you'd have never landed without lag. On the negative side, trying to do any of his quick precise movements becomes rather difficult, like tossing around quick bairs before you land on the ground, youll usually end up just hitting the ground instead.

dfyb

Smash Rookie
i'm the opposite. i can't play with DDD online but i can get by with some of the quicker characters

rigapeen

Smash Apprentice
if all you do is spam Fsmash as DDD then you'll do better online. most of his other moves are quite fast. he just moves slow

pit isnt fast at all btw so i dont know how youre making such generalizations

yoshi_friend

Smash Apprentice
are you guys trying to imply that DDDs slow?
hes like the fastest of the fast.

well... at least he attacks fast compared to his moving speed.

Top Bottom