• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are certain stickers only obtainable by certain methods? (Aside from challenges)

Exatron

Smash Rookie
The recent 3DS and upcoming Wii U release got me interested in dusting off all my old Smash games that I haven't played in quite a while. One of the things I remembered upon playing around in Brawl a bit is that I never did manage to complete everything I wanted. Specifically, I am missing one final sticker, which is preventing me from completing one final challenge, which I need to complete to collect one final trophy. :glare:

I've spent most of my sticker farming time using a sticker factory custom stage with the four-receiver Wavebird method. I average about 12 stickers per minute using it, and have done so many times over. Since picking it back up, I've spent another few hours farming stickers, still with no luck. It's been getting very frustrating that with all the thousands of stickers I've collected, I'm still missing one.

It got me to thinking. I'm well aware of the five stickers that can only be obtained through challenges. I'm also aware that the other 695 have varying levels of rarity. Given that I still have single-digit quantities of several stickers, it's certainly possible I've just had bad luck to not get that last one. But before I spend too much more time beating my head against the wall searching for it, I figured it's worth asking the question: Is a sticker factory the best way to farm for all 695 non-challenge stickers? Or are there perhaps some stickers that are rare or nonexistant in certain game modes (like Brawls), but more easily obtained in other game modes (like SSE)?

Does anyone know (via developer comments, code analysis, empirical data, whatever) whether certain stickers drop more readily via certain methods, or if just going for the highest rate of sticker drops is best approach for all 695?

Top Bottom