• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aqua Jet?

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone tell me how exactly to use Aqua Jet? All it says is that his Withdraw allows him to use it, but how? I try to use it, and it never works, all he does is his Withdraw jump.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Press attack while in wihdraw or aerial withdraw.

Aquajet has medium armor and a small inner sweet spot that kills at reasonable percents

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
Press attack while in wihdraw or aerial withdraw.

Aquajet has medium armor and a small inner sweet spot that kills at reasonable percents
Ok, well, thanks for the info on it, but... Ok, I have a GameCube controller, always use it, so during Withdraw, with or without the jump, I press Up B?

Burnsy

Smash Lord
No, up-b during withdraw was the old input in version 2.5. In the 2.6 update and onward it was changed.

I said that you press 'attack' while in withdraw to do it. This was to not confuse you if you had a setup other than default. Attack by default on the game cube controller is the 'A' button.

So to review: to do the aquajet, you do your "side-b", and while in your shell you press "A" (default controls)

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
No, up-b during withdraw was the old input in version 2.5. In the 2.6 update and onward it was changed.

I said that you press 'attack' while in withdraw to do it. This was to not confuse you if you had a setup other than default. Attack by default on the game cube controller is the 'A' button.

So to review: to do the aquajet, you do your "side-b", and while in your shell you press "A" (default controls)
Ok, thank you, because the main site said to use Up B, and said nothing about changing it to A.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Yea, hopefully those will be fixed soon. I imagine they are planning on updating them all at once.

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
Yea, hopefully those will be fixed soon. I imagine they are planning on updating them all at once.
While we're on the subject, I know this is not about Squirtle, but it is still relevant to things that I cannot do for whatever reason, have you done that Easter Egg that they said on CF's page about pressing up on the D-pad when he does the sweetspot knee? I found that I cannot do that bit, either.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Unless they removed it for some odd reason in 3.0, it should still be there. You could also be off on the timing, I'm pretty sure the taunt button needs to be pressed during the brief hitlag (when the screen freezes from the knee/before they get sent flying), it cant be pressed before or after.

You could maybe also try side-taunt, but I'm pretty sure utaunt is correct.

If this doesn't help you should probably take your question to C.Falc's general discussion.

Top Bottom