• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

April 20th, Broadway Brawl, Myrtle Beach, SC

SGX

Smash Journeyman
April 20th: Broadway Brawl 1

SSBB Tournament at Broadway Louie's

Registration starts at 12:00 pm
Tournament starts at 1:00 pm

Singles is $7
Doubles is $10 per team

No items
Double Elimination
Random Seeding
Gamecube controllers only. I have a few, but I encourage you to bring your own.

Current Stage Lineup
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion

We will have 2 TVs and Wii's set up, but I'm sure if anyone wanted to bring additional setups for casuals, that would be fine.

Please contact me if you need lodging.

Venue:
Broadway Louie's
1319 Celebrity Circle
Myrtle Beach, SC

Rebel-2921-8834-9499

Smash Rookie
Man why charge? Best buy and gamestop didn't charge... whatever happened to playing for fun!?

I might try to be there, depends if I want to take the trip from charlestown.

Icege

Smash Apprentice
Because he really wants me to come :D

What's the chances of there being side tournaments for MvC2, T5DR, or GGAC? <3

SGX

Smash Journeyman
everlasting: The bar is much busier on Saturdays and we wouldn't be able to use their TVs. We'll have a good 7 hours on Sunday

Rebel: Best buy and Gamestop can afford to give out large prizes for their tournaments, I can't. :p Considering there's no house fee, and it'll only cost you $12 to enter singles and teams, I don't think this is a bad deal at all.

Icege: Probably slim. I know a total of zero MvC, T5 and GG players in Myrtle Beach. It would be more like you beating me up and taking my money. lol =(

Icege

Smash Apprentice
I think we should re-establish ourselves as the best TTT team at Coastal. IT DON'T MATTER WHAT YOU SET IT TOO. WE COMING FOR YO PLAYSTATIONS!

skateboardpunk03

Smash Rookie
when you say gamecube controllers only does that mean you only have gamecube controllers to use and we can bring a wii mote and nunchuck or does that mean that they are not allowed. When I got brawl I gave up the gamecube controller and picked up the wii mote and nunchuck. Now I can't even play with the gc controller at all. If wii mote and nun chuck are useable then me and my buddy will go but if not I'll have to decide if a hour and a half drive is worth it with a controller handicap.

SGX

Smash Journeyman
Since there are 3 stations, I don't want to have to deal with people synching wiimotes every match. We have until 7pm, so we need to do things as quickly as possible. So yeah, only Gamecube controllers.

I'm really not sure how many are showing. I'd say at LEAST 20. I've been putting flyers up at Gamestop, the venue itself, and a local university. This is in addition to advertising on like...4 forums, myspace, and facebook.

I'm really doing my best to get the word out there about this tourney.

SGX

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, internet has been out for a couple days, so I couldn't post results

Singles:

1st. Yay
2nd. Lawl
3rd. John Whitney (Skateboardpunk?)
4th. John V

Teams:
1st. Team ******
2nd. Team Cracker
3rd. Team Prolapse
4th. Team Flying Kites

Seriously, I was extremely happy with this tournament. Good turnout, we started on time, finished on time, people were actually around for their matches, nobody started stupid ****. I appreciate you guys coming out and kicking ***.

I'll definitely be holding another one in the near future. (Possibly at a different venue on TVs that don't suck.)

Top Bottom