• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [April 18, 2015] Smash Crew Power Button presents Smash 4 weeklies (Peoria, IL)

dilviko

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4081-6332-5588
Switch FC
2253-1198-7131
Sm4sh for Wii U Tournament

3634 N Gale Ave
Peoria, IL 61604

$10 for registration per person gets you into all 3 tournaments 1v1, 2v2, and Amiibo
or $4 per tourney entry
SETUPS ARE NEEDED (Wii u, game, and some sort of TV or monitor) GameCube Adapters and one New Nintendo 3DS are needed please bring yours, first 3 with GameCube adapter and or setups and or N3DS (one) get in half off

TOURNEY STARTS AT 12 PM PLEASE SHOW UP AT LEAST 30 MIN PRIOR FOR REGISTRATION NO EARLIER THAN 10 AM
or preregister here http://challonge.com/1dywi5ol

Additional questions and or preregistration may be forwarded to..
atran9980@gmail.com

!PRIZES! THIS WEEKS PRIZES ARE AS FOLLOWS
1st- Mayflash GameCube Adapter for Wii U & PC USB
2nd- Amiibo (depends on what I have)
3rd- FREE ENTRY into next weeks tourney

A. Game Settings

• Stock and time are set to 2 stock and 6 minutes for Singles
  • Stock and time are set to 3 stock and 8 minutes for Doubles
  • Double elimination
  • Stock and time are set to 2 stock and 6 minutes for Amiibo
  • Single elimination
  • Custom Fighters are set to ON (just moves no equipment)
  • Custom Amiibo are not allowed (no equipment)
  • Mii Fighters are legal. Each setup will have 1111 Mii Brawler/Swordsman/Gunner available for use (Using Default A Mii). No other specials for Mii Fighters will be allowed. Players are not allowed to transfer existing Miis to a setup.

B. Stage List

Starter Stages
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination/Omega Stages
  • Smashville
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Town & City

Counterpick Stages
  • Castle Siege
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Duck Hunt
  • Halberd
  • Kongo Jungle 64*
  • Big Battlefield*
  • Omega Stages**
* Doubles only.
** Treated as Final Destination in banning phase. If Final Destination is
banned, Omegas are banned and vice versa.

C. Additional Rules
  • Stage Striking: The player with port priority strikes one stage from the Starter Stage list. Then the other player strikes one stage and the remaining stage is used for the first match.*

• Stage Clause: You cannot counterpick a stage that has already been played on in the set unless mutually agreed on.

• Stage Bans: During the stage ban phase, the player who won the previous game may ban 2 stages from either the Starter of Counterpick lists.

• Self-Destruct Moves: If a match ends with the successful use of a character's self-destruct move, the player that initiated the self-destruct move wins the match regardless of what the results screen states. Self-destruct moves include only Ganondorf's Side-B, King Dedede's Neutral-B, Wario's Neutral-B, and Kirby's Neutral-B.

• Team Colors: Players' character colors must match their team's color when possible, to avoid confusion (ex: Luigi on the green team must use the green costume).

• Character Counterpick: Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.

• Hand Warmer: Hand warmer must not exceed one minute
*Coin toss decides port priority.

Last edited:

JSwiss

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jswiss
3DS FC
1693-3370-5027
Is there a reason we can't use 3DS as a controller? Just wondering. Not much experience playing on the other controllers.

dilviko

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4081-6332-5588
Switch FC
2253-1198-7131
Is there a reason we can't use 3DS as a controller? Just wondering. Not much experience playing on the other controllers.
for the sake of time I guess i just used the rules from apex 2015 rulebook but i know a few people who use 3ds primarily so i might get rid of that

JSwiss

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jswiss
3DS FC
1693-3370-5027
It would be nice if you did. I don't own the wiiu version so when I play in tournaments I always just bring my DS since that's the controller i constantly practice on. But your the man in charge, up to you! I will note it takes maybe 1 minute to connect a ds so not too much time.

BlitzkriegDeity

Smash Rookie
I usually work on Saturdays til 5pm. I was wondering if there was any possibility that you guys would be hosting any future events in the evening?

I live on the Bradley campus btw. So I'm pretty darn close.

Last edited:

dilviko

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4081-6332-5588
Switch FC
2253-1198-7131
I usually work on Saturdays til 5pm. I was wondering if there was any possibility that you guys would be hosting any future events in the evening?

I live on the Bradley campus btw. So I'm pretty darn close.
I host tourneys every weekend but I haven't had people not able to come before because of time but I will change the time so you can come the more the merrier! any time in particular sounds appealing to you?

Last edited:

GBMiracle

Smash Rookie
NNID
michaelraices1
How many people do you guys usually get every week? The challonge page shows basically no turn out. I can bring people to beef it up, however it won't be anything spectacular. At most I can bring like 6 more people.

BenJongJon

Smash Rookie
You should turn on customs because it does not majorly affect the game. People can bring their own sets so we do not need a wii u with all customs unlocks. Also can we talk about the time, cause some of us work at like 4 or 5.

dilviko

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4081-6332-5588
Switch FC
2253-1198-7131
How many people do you guys usually get every week? The challonge page shows basically no turn out. I can bring people to beef it up, however it won't be anything spectacular. At most I can bring like 6 more people.
the most I've ever had show up was 10 or so people and no one ever pre registers for some reason as for weeklies the previous tourney I hosted was like 2 weeks ago and it was everyone's spring break so like 3 people showed but last week I didn't host one for personal reasons

dilviko

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4081-6332-5588
Switch FC
2253-1198-7131
You should turn on customs because it does not majorly affect the game. People can bring their own sets so we do not need a wii u with all customs unlocks. Also can we talk about the time, cause some of us work at like 4 or 5.
for customs I have been thinking about that the problem isnt the unlocking and making the movesets its just that regulars would have no idea how to deal with them but sure ill allow customs

GBMiracle

Smash Rookie
NNID
michaelraices1
Well honestly the trade offs on the customs aren't major. It either offers more options or damage/speed. Customs don't have a high learning curve.

dilviko

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4081-6332-5588
Switch FC
2253-1198-7131
I wanted to ask everyone who is coming or is considering coming what time should I host my tourney? I usually do it at noon but some have work some are saying later in the day like at 4-6 but some have work so I just want to see at what time is the most amount of people available? please reply

dilviko

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4081-6332-5588
Switch FC
2253-1198-7131

BlitzkriegDeity

Smash Rookie
I wanted to ask everyone who is coming or is considering coming what time should I host my tourney? I usually do it at noon but some have work some are saying later in the day like at 4-6 but some have work so I just want to see at what time is the most amount of people available? please reply
I get off at 4:45 but I try to leave a little bit early sometimes. It also depends on my work location. I think I'm in Pekin next week so I would probably arrive around 5:30ish after getting back to campus and changing out of the work clothes/grabbing the controller and all that.

Also, I never play with customs. People say it adds fun to the game and makes unviable characters viable, but in truth, I really don't think so. A lot of customs make it more campy and gross to watch. I just rely on my own fundamentals and skills. Default life master race.

JSwiss

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jswiss
3DS FC
1693-3370-5027
Also not a huge fan of customs thus far, but I'm willing to do whatever. That is just my personal preference. Its not a deal breaker for me either way. The earlier the better for me. I'd prefer like 10 A.M.- 12:00 P.M. start time. I can make it either way, but if we do it early enough I can bring my partner. Otherwise I'll just be playing in the singles and my partner will be a no go.

Let us know what time is scheduled when possible though so we can plan ahead of time!

Edit: If you do enable customs it should only be with moves.. no gear allowed. I've never seen a tourney allowing gear before and for good reason I'd say :p.​

Last edited:

GBMiracle

Smash Rookie
NNID
michaelraices1
Of course there would be no equipment, that would be a mad house. I was looking at the list of my people who would be available and it so happens that a 10-12 start time works best. That way we can have about 16 if a couple random people pop up.

dilviko

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4081-6332-5588
Switch FC
2253-1198-7131
Alright then to please the majority of the crowd I will be hosting my tourney this Saturday at noon.

dilviko

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4081-6332-5588
Switch FC
2253-1198-7131
on another note could I get a count of how many wii us people will be bringing there will be a shortage so please bring your wii u and copy of smash updated to 1.0.6 if we don't have enough wii us then some matches will have to be done over 3ds

GBMiracle

Smash Rookie
NNID
michaelraices1
I'll see what I can do.What do you think about Mewtwo? Should he be allowed? If most people have access to him, I think he should be in.

dilviko

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4081-6332-5588
Switch FC
2253-1198-7131
I'll see what I can do.What do you think about Mewtwo? Should he be allowed? If most people have access to him, I think he should be in.
i think mewtwo should be allowed but for all mewtwo mains like myself all matches involving him should have system priority (matches take place on system that has access to him)

GBMiracle

Smash Rookie
NNID
michaelraices1
So our $10 for all three tournaments all goes to buying prizes or do we have a pay out? I think we should have enough people to have a pay out and prizes but that will be known the day of. I'd suggest thinking that over.
i think mewtwo should be allowed but for all mewtwo mains like myself all matches involving him should have system priority (matches take place on system that has access to him)
As far as this goes you can just use your 3DS on a WiiU with the DLC on it.

dilviko

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4081-6332-5588
Switch FC
2253-1198-7131
for the prizes all the admissions go towards buying this weeks prizes listed in the info section of the thread and left over money goes towards buying pizza and soda and for the $10 admissions that's only if you enter all 3 but its a $4 per tourney

JSwiss

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jswiss
3DS FC
1693-3370-5027
So the prizes aren't currently bought? Or do you just have like 5 of these things laying around :p. I assume both of the winners of the double's tournament get the prize for where they place.

dilviko

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4081-6332-5588
Switch FC
2253-1198-7131
don't worry i have like a 20 or so NIB amiibos as for the gamecube adapter ill just order it off amazon and have it ship to your house

GBMiracle

Smash Rookie
NNID
michaelraices1
for the prizes all the admissions go towards buying this weeks prizes listed in the info section of the thread and left over money goes towards buying pizza and soda and for the $10 admissions that's only if you enter all 3 but its a $4 per tourney]
Sounds good to me. My only question is if there's left over money what do you want to do.
So the prizes aren't currently bought? Or do you just have like 5 of these things laying around :p. I assume both of the winners of the double's tournament get the prize for where they place.
This is a good question because then someone could possibly win two adapters. I think doubles needs a different prize of some sort.

don't worry i have like a 20 or so NIB amiibos as for the gamecube adapter ill just order it off amazon and have it ship to your house
I'm curious as to which ones you have. Are they multiples or all different?

Last edited:

dilviko

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4081-6332-5588
Switch FC
2253-1198-7131
for amiibos all i have is x4 toad x3 sheik x2 sonic x1 mario, bowser, diddy kong, toon link all NIB NA and as for doubles prizes i have no idea and i want to ask everyone what would you guys all like? I don't even know if there's enough people for doubles

Top Bottom