• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

{April 18, 2015} Clown the Competition 3 online WiiU Tournament!

For future tournaments, should we start during the afternoon or later at night?

• Total voters

Sonnet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kuch11
What's up, guys? Clown the Competition is BACK this Saturday after a short hiatus!

If anybody has any ideas on how I can get others to commentate through Skype, please let me know ASAP!

Signups will be held at www.challonge.com/CtC3

NOTICE:
If you've signed up, DO NOT forget to check-in on Challonge at 1:00 CST!
The tourney is scheduled for 2:00 CST Saturday, April 18!

-RULES-
2 stock, 6 minute
If timed out, the game will be settled by stock advantage. If tied, it will be settled by percent advantage.
Gentleman's rule is in effect (any stage may be chosen if both parties agree)
Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect (cannot counterpick to a stage previously won at)
Customs and equipment will be turned off.
Only Winners/Losers Finals and Grand Finals will be best of 5. The rest of the tournament will be settled through best of 3 sets.

|>Stage Striking and Counterpicking
To determine the first stage played on, players will strike stages (in order of 1-2-1, the lower seeded player is granted the first ban). Whichever stage remains is the one that will be chosen.
When counterpicking, any stage on the list may be chosen, but only after the winner of the last game has banned two stages of his choosing. These bans are separate, and to not carry over from the strikes before game one.

|>Starting Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination (Any omega is alright if agreed upon
Lylat
Smashville
Town and City

|>Counterpicks
Duck Hunt
Haliberd
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege

All stages are based on the 2015 EVO ruleset.

Stream Link: www.twitch.tv/sonnet7
Any open games will be streamed (with commentary), and Winners/Losers semis through Grand finals will also be streamed.

This stream will feature a brand new overlay made by Toukans!

Chat Room (for communication during the tourney): https://qchat.rizon.net/?channels=ClownTheCompetition

And that's about it! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

StarElite

Smash Cadet
NNID
StarElite
I think it should be around 7CST, but only on weekends. I got schoolwork and I normally don't have time for Smash tourneys on weekdays

Sonnet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kuch11
I think it should be around 7CST, but only on weekends. I got schoolwork and I normally don't have time for Smash tourneys on weekdays
I try to keep them on weekends only, mainly Saturdays because that's when everyone seems to be most free.

NintendoReaper

Smash Rookie
NNID
NReaper
3DS FC
0834-2145-7839
I'm joining if that's cool, this would be my first tournament so I'd like to see what this experience would be like. Looking forward to this!

Sonnet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kuch11
PSA: Do NOT forget to check in an hour before the tourney begins! To do so, simply return to the bracket while signed into Challonge and confirm that you're ready!

Sonnet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kuch11
REMINDER! If you have signed up for the tournament, please check in on Challonge! The tournament will start in roughly an hour!

dudemofo

Smash Rookie
Awesome Tourney guys, I had a lot of fun! Are you going to be doing these weekly?

Sonnet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kuch11
Awesome Tourney guys, I had a lot of fun! Are you going to be doing these weekly?
I plan to, if my schedule allows it!
I won't be able to next Saturday, as I'll be attending an all day tournament, but the weekend after is definitely fine!

Last edited:
Top Bottom