• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Apr 7, 2016] Heroes Test (Sundays) (Waterbury, CT)

OpX_ AJAX

Smash Rookie
Weekly tournaments hosted by One Punch Bros

Venue: King's Landing in Waterbury, CT.

Tournaments will now alternate every Thursday and Sunday.
We will be hosting Street Fighter V same time as Singles on Sunday's

Thursday Reg: 6:00 pm
Starts: 7:30 pm

Doubles is optional on Thursdays if enough teams show and have time.

Sunday Reg: 12:00 pm
Doubles: 1:30 pm
SFV: 3:30pm
Singles: 3:30 pm

Entry fee: $5 venue, $5 tournament fee
$2 off of the venue fee if you bring a setup. A Wii U all characters and dreamland dlc and adapter and/or a monitor with HDMI count for the discount.
Doubles entry is $2 per person. This may increase if interest increases and players request. Want to increase doubles play 1st and for most so lowered amount for now.

Doubles ruleset
3 stocks 8 minutes
Double Elimination
All items set to OFF

Customs: Banned

Miis: Standard size Miis are allowed with any moveset (this is a trial amongst the smash community that may change again.)

Stagelist

We are using a testing phase list for Tristate and New England as approve by all the TOs

Starters:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Dreamland
Town and City
Lylat Cruise
Dunk Hunt
Umbra Clock Tower
Omega Stage (Count as FD ban)

Bans:

T1-T2

Winner bans 2 stages

Singles ruleset

Standard ruleset
2 stocks and 6 minutes
Double Elimination
All items set to OFF

Customs: Banned

Miis: Standard size Miis are allowed with any moveset (this is a trial amongst the smash community that may change again.)

Controllers:
Only Wii U gamepad is banned
All other accepted, but you must remember to desync wireless controllers. Failure to desync alot of times or too many times may result in a DQ. Not at all trying to be rude as we all make mistakes, but it does waste time so keep an eye on your wireless controls please.

Stagelist

We are using a testing phase list for Tristate and New England as approve by all the TOs

Starters:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Dreamland
Town and City
Lylat Cruise
Dunk Hunt
Umbra Clock Tower
Omega Stage (Count as FD ban)

Bans:

P1-P2

Winner bans 2 stages

Gentleman's Agreement is allowed if both players agree to a stage not on list or if a player wants to let someone go back to a stage they already won on.

If you have any questions regarding the events please leave a comment, message me, or tweet @OpX_AJAX

Street Fighter V
Vs Mode
2 Rounds
Time Limit: 99 seconds
All matches 2/3
Winners/Loser’s Finals and Grand Finals 3/5
Accidental pause will result in the pausing player to lose the current round.

After the first match, the LOSING player of the last match may opt to change their character.

Thank you for any and all support and lets get the Waterbury scene in on the Smash community. Hope everything runs well and that all tournaments in the area can get some more competitors coming from these bi-weekly events.

Stratess

Smash Rookie
April 7th is a Thursday but if it changes or anything ill be there.

Nevermind i figured it out, i will definitely be there for the ones in the summer

Last edited:

OpX_ AJAX

Smash Rookie
April 7th is a Thursday but if it changes or anything ill be there.

Nevermind i figured it out, i will definitely be there for the ones in the summer
Awesome
Yea we alternate due to scheduling but it works. Also we have SFV on sundays now too

Top Bottom