• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Who's Got Game?! Nite @ NewSchool of Architecture and Design

Who's Got Game?! Nite @ NewSchool of Architecture and Design
Posted by DeelinF
NewSchool of Architecture and Design
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone:

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

DeelinF

Smash Rookie
Hello, my name is Deelin Francis (Screenname, DeelinF) and I am inviting you to my college's on-campus event.

The name of the school is NewSchool of Architecture and Design, located in San Diego, this school is mainly full of architects and designers who want to pursue in a brighter future.

The name of the event is Who’s Got Game?! Nite. This event is being hosted by the design club at the school by the name Design Di Domani (Design of Tomorrow, translated in Italian). We are a non-profit student organization, just a normal club. This event will feature lots of games including: Mario Kart 8, board games, and more. Especially Smash Bros. for Wii U.

Ages 17 and up allowed to attend, students and non-students allowed!

We are hosting a Smash U tournament, so this event might be livestreamed on Twitch.tv.
We might not be able to accommodate headphones for hearing the TV, so please work with us!

Winner will get mystery prizes!

This event will start on April 27, 2017, from 7PM to 10PM.

Location will be at NewSchool of Architecture and Design's Auditorium in the Main Building.

It will be free to get into the event, but it will cost $5 to participate in the tournament. Most food items are no more than a buck or $2.

So be there! Bring your friends, make new friends, take pictures, and enter that Smash Bros tournament for the chance to win those mystery prizes!!

Please make sure you bring your own controller!

P.S. I'm doing the tournament standings on Challonge.com, so I would like you to comment and tell me your name/ screenname and say that you're interested. Also, if you plan on bringing your own setup, please tell me.

Vishnu6

Smash Rookie
So what time would this be? Do you have to be a student to join the tournament? Do we get benefits for bringing an extra setup?

DeelinF

Smash Rookie
So what time would this be? Do you have to be a student to join the tournament? Do we get benefits for bringing an extra setup?
1) The time event will start at 7PM.

2) You don't have to be a student, this is for the public to come join.

3) You can bring your setup if you want, but I can't say if you'll get a benefit, you'll be part of hosting the event as well.
Since my setup will be used mainly for the tournament, you will be doing a GOOD thing because the other setup will be Mario Kart 8. And plus, a lot of people did not pay for the tournament, so the causals can play with your's (if you're fine with it). But, I need you to please come to the tournament so we can get a TV setup for you and you need to also confirm if you're okay with people playing with your setup.

20theBlind

Smash Rookie
A few friends and I might be joining, but I'm not sure yet. Is there a registration time before the event starts?

DeelinF

Smash Rookie
A few friends and I might be joining, but I'm not sure yet. Is there a registration time before the event starts?
The tournament will be somewhere in the middle of the event, between 8PM and 8:30PM. But please consider it!

20theBlind

Smash Rookie
Ok, sadly it looks like we won't be able to make it, but we really would've liked to. Sorry

Top Bottom