• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Benicia Library Smash Monthly

Benicia Library Smash Monthly
Posted by Jaguarandine
Benicia Public Library
Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 01:00 PM
Until: Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 06:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
The library is holding our regular monthly for Smash 4, Melee, and Project M. Entry is completely free, and anyone is allowed to attend. If you're running late, just post here or in any other relevant place and we'll put you in the bracket.

We will have free snacks and some pizza. Please bring a few bucks for pizza. Believe me, most people say no to pizza until it actually arrives.

Non-local players are asked to bring their own controller. We allow play with any controller, just remember to disconnect after every match, or you may be DQ'ed.

We will be using the following rulesets:
Smash 4: Recommended 2017 Ruleset
Melee: Evo 2016
PM: Olympus 2016

Sign-ups start at 1
Tournament will begin at 2
Ends whenever we're done (based on turnout), so be prepared

Due to time constraints, you may only signup for 2 out of the 3 games.

Of course, the number of matches we play is dependent on the number of consoles we have. if you could bring one and/or the copy of the game you want to play (especially Melee), that would be great.

There will be prizes (nothing crazy, keep expectations low)!

Brackets are generally seeded with local players in mind. Let us know if you're playing your friend in the 1st round though.

Check out our YouTube channel where we usually post matches of previous tournaments (youtube.com/BeniciaLibraryGames). Get far enough, and maybe you'll make it into a video!

Thanks everyone, and see you there!

Edit: I thought I'd add that if you can't make it to the tournament on Thursday, we're having casuals for everyone at the library on Monday the 10th. It will be with same players, and pretty much the same setup. From 3 to 5.

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
Update: I made an error in the start time. It was supposed to say 1, but instead said 3. If you are planning to attend today, please let me know now, and I'll fit you in the bracket.

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations to the winners! Here are the results:

Melee
1st JAMEPS
2nd SlugNasty
3rd Tuna
4th Fern

Project M
1st Tuna
2nd JAMEPS
3rd Beau
4th Rico

Smash 4
1st VSC | Mikey
2nd Kraid
3rd that1kid
4th Fern

I'm glad everyone could make it out. A new post for next month's tournament is coming soon. Thanks to everyone who helped; you know who you are. Also, I'll try to get more pizza next time. It ran out fast. I recorded around a dozen matches; many of them will be up when I get a chance Thanks!.

Last edited:
Top Bottom