• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approacthing Your Opponent

SynTheTik

Smash Rookie
I'm in need of a few new ways to approach my opponent. Lately, when a fight starts, I normally run towards my opponent and when close enough, I wavedash backwards and come in with a shffled f-air. How do you guys get into a match?

I T I

Smash Apprentice
I shffl fair like crazy until the match gets going. Even if I don't hit, it allows for quite the mindgaming.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Well if i have projectiles, I use them to lure/force my opponent to. Most of the time I jump up and engage them. Watch out for shield grabbers through.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Well... Ganon doesn't have any projectiles, so I don't see where this thread is headed. :laugh:

On a level with platforms, I usually approach by doin' what Magus do and jump into it -> waveland off it -> fair/uair.

Any dashdancing or wavedancing is always good to throw off your opponent and help your approach, but Ganon has a nice one set up for him in just shffling fairs over and over.

mindgraimes don exits? i think nots.

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
uh-oh. Ganondorf's image seems to be disgustingly deviating away from 'Ganondorf the rapist image" to this ganny... cute?? x.x I blame gimpy.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I HAD NO PART IN THIS OTHER THAN PICKING UP GANON...

*sigh*

ganon isn't cute at all wtf is wrong with you people.
you so did too have something to do with this! :p

and ganon is so cute what are you talking about :)

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
He may seem cute on the outside (he doesn't), but deep down he's a rapist. I, for one, will try to preserve and celebrate this noble tradition of ******. Perhaps I am not a great rapist, but one day someone will come to guide the Ganondorf image back to his true splendor (of ******).

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
I like to fair a shield (spacing is so important) and L-cancel it into a thunderpunch, dtilt, or even another fair.

Joe 4'Sho

Smash Cadet
i would like to add that Ganon is at his cutest when he is charging his u-tilt.

awwww

UchihaDemon

Smash Cadet
i mostly play against Fluffy (no, hes not nicknamed that or anything, its his smash name. it's also his smashboard account name... yeah i dont get it either, lol), who starts out by moving to the right (except when he uses Roy and fox), so i either move left to get in a more defensive. but if i know where hes gonna go then i shuffle an Uair or Fair. that gets me in a good position to try and push him off the map early. but hes too good to be koed that quick. get to know who u play against and use that info against him/her. that's helped me get better quick and eventually put enough skill into Ganon that im low end pro... very very now end atm :(

pockyD

Smash Legend
shfflc is pretty much the best approach, but when they start expecting it, you can mix in stuff like empty sh->waveland->grab

UchihaDemon

Smash Cadet
Why haven't I been flamed for saying this?
cuz i didnt read it lol. DONT DO THAT!!!!! downB is not a good choice to over use cuz it WILL become predictable. u want a serious mind game that i invented??? ok first, right after u spawn, move to the edge opposite where ur opponent spawns. then jump off the edge and ff down, killing urself.... when ur friend looks at u like ur retarted just say "mind games" while nodding ur head and smiling. lolz

Top Bottom