• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching

HdTyvek

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4270-1655-5444
so as time goes on and i play better players, im struggling to find a solid approach, dash attack has pretty low range from my experience, short hop nairing is to high unless you time it right and it almost always auto cancels the animation or they just roll away, and fairing seems to have the same problem.

maybe im just trying to hard, but has anyone found a good approach they could help a fellow lucina main out with? Thanks!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I like to slash my way in. Mix things up a bit :seuss:

Ok, seriously, I enjoy a patient method of approach. Gauge your opponent's initial reaction to your approach and fake out by retreating. If they repeat the same action, counter. If they try to predict a counter, dash and attack with either a side tilt or Dancing Blade(works especially well against characters with counters). If you manage to get them off the edge, see if their recovery can hit you on the way up. If it can and you can predict it, counter. If they don't ledge grab, charge up a Shield Breaker or forward smash and hit them.

This is my strategy, but it's by no means foolproof.

Last edited:
Top Bottom