• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching With Zero Suit Samus

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
So, I've been tinkering around with Zero Suit Samus, and find her to be a very good character.

However, her approaches seem to be lacking a little (once power suit pieces are gone). She does not have a campable projectile, so she is really on the approach. Her dash attack is fairly easily sheild-grabbed. Her Running Upsmash has some trouble hitting opponents who are not towering. Her running Grab / running sheild-grab are very hard to space correctly and very easily punished when they miss. Her Shorthopped aerial approach is basically non-existant due to her tall shorthop and floatiness.

The two most reliable approaches I've found have been running into a Forward B or starting a dash attack a fair distance away from the opponent, so it ends in tilt range. But both of these have a little trouble against projectile spammers like Pit and Wolf.

Any advice?

BANSHI

Smash Cadet
i'll post this anyway
I have fought alot of wifi matches against people who are above average, and i have found neutral B, >B, is good for pressuring
i also mix it up, instead of doing NB, >B, i do NB and then the flip kick right (which can save you if they can reflect), but i dont actually do the kick unless im sure it will hit, if i think it wont hit i just jump back and prepare for another >B while im in the air if they come at me

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
i'll post this anyway
I have fought alot of wifi matches against people who are above average, and i have found neutral B, >B, is good for pressuring
i also mix it up, instead of doing NB, >B, i do NB and then the flip kick right (which can save you if they can reflect), but i dont actually do the kick unless im sure it will hit, if i think it wont hit i just jump back and prepare for another >B while im in the air if they come at me
I've found the stun on the neutral B to be all but nonexistant. If I'm lucky I can get a dash attack hit out of the uncharged one, but pulling off a side B is just impossible, even from a charged one.

Maybe it's just that I only tend to hit them with it at longer ranges, but I find it hard to do much out of a neutral B stun.

BANSHI

Smash Cadet
It definatley connects it has to be fully charged and it does 22%, i've been in 3 big tourney's so far (not wifi) and i can say its guaranteed, unless they jump in the air or something and the tip of the whip misses, but that has been rare
the uncharged shots have been helpful to stop opponents from rushing in

Da N

Smash Journeyman
The vacinity of the planet Earth. (California)
Ive noticed that the approach is a little lacking too, many times if Im in the lead i wont approach,I wait for them to approach and improvise my game to whatever they do ( i seem to be really good at that). But if Im not winning my first approach is a short hopped >B. If im lucky it will connect, if they shield when i land follow with an uncharged NB, if they roll towards you after the >B follow with a n-air, if they roll back your out of danger and then improvise to their game

Top Bottom