• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching with Wolf

tiemur

Smash Cadet
When I approach with wolf I find myself doing two things

1. nair shine

2. down air into shine

3. blaster spam

I'm working on wavelanding my blasters with relative success, but what other things can I do to approach my opponent?

Thanks, tiemur

Cynic

Smash Rookie
Wolf has decent foot speed so don't neglect your dashdance-grabs. I'm also a fan of spaced RAR bairs.

The Baron

Smash Apprentice
When I approach with wolf I find myself doing two things

1. nair shine

2. down air into shine

3. blaster spam

I'm working on wavelanding my blasters with relative success, but what other things can I do to approach my opponent?

Thanks, tiemur
Running shine, dd grab, and waveland blasters but know this. STAY GROUNDED. Your hit boxes aren't super persistent and can be beaten out with little effort. One thing that wolf players fall into is to always approach with an ariel or just spam lasers. Note that these are openings for your opponent and as such, if you want to approach with an ariel, don't be predictable about it. Your dd is really good and you should abuse that by staying grounded and fishing for grabs and opportunities. Also nair is a trap, don't use it unless it's mid combo in which case, still be careful. If your opponent asdi's downward, they will get to the floor before you, cc, shield, and punish. Not saying that it's bad, but there is a risk to it that is often overlooked. Also, work on proper spacing of lasers before working on wavelands as the minute you jump, your opponent has a window of opportunity that blaster can't save you from, and you need to know where that distance is that you are actually safe but can still threaten them with laser.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
Laser into something. I know a guy who does laser to nair, I do that sometimes but I also do a lot of laser to grab just because back throw to anything is freeeeeee. Like a scrub I approach with dash attack sometimes which is 9/10 a terrible idea because if you whiff it's a free punish. Try run in wavedash back to bait something, I personally think WD back with Wolf is underrated because he actually has a moderately big WD, and if they whiff a move the options for punishes are endless

Top Bottom