• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching with Wolf?

smashisfun

Smash Cadet
I have played Wolf since the beginning of brawl and I loved him. However, aside from the typical laser games (which eventually loses its effect against decent players); how should one approach with Wolf? I actually should be more specific, what moves should come in to play when trying to avoid the typical "shield grabber or shield, dodge, aaa combo"? On a side note, how do you avoid chain grabs aka DeDeDe and Falco (besides not being grabbed in the first place, which is inevitable if the person will spam grabs)?

Btw, long live Wolf and **** all those who give him a bad reputation :laugh:

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
What I do sometimes is jump and shoot the laser in the air. While doing this, I move towards the opponent. Another way is to use the dash-cancelling up-smash (or whatever you call it) My advice would be to use your laser...its your tool for creating space between you and your opponent.

Vice Lord

Smash Apprentice
Scarborough, Ontario (Scarberian barbarians)
here you go, listed from best to worst, alternate to be unpredictable, but you already knew that =D

- SH Bair (can go into reflector/down smash/forward smash)
-Full Jump double bair (hit with the second one, or alternatively do only 1 bair when coming down)
- Short Hop / Full Jump into land -> spotdodge-> downsmash (If they spot dodge do a second downsmash)
-Forward smash (leads into A combo/F-tilt/F-Smash)
-SH away, second jump towards into Dair (alternatively you can SH Dair, or Full Jump dair, but they're not as reliable)
-SH Nair AT PEAK (into downsmash/forward smash/A combo/Reflector/F-tilt)
(Or if u grab do a, grab -> down throw -> forward smash/laser/nothing)
-Dash Cancelled Upsmash
-SH Fair AT PEAK -> Spot Dodge -> Forward Smash/Downsmash/Upsmash/A combo

now go off and own your friends please.
edit: Your face.

Bazooka Lucca

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've found a short dash dance into SH bair has confused a few tough opponents. Takes practice to get the direction right

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
u gotta approach falco 4 sure, pit also

sh towards them with no aerial, full jump just before hitting the ground so their shield grab misses then punish. shielding from a SH is decent, shfair, shbair and shnair should all be followed by a spot dodge to either dsmash or ftilt depending on the char ur facing or maybe AAA combo or maybe shield, just dodge once u hit the ground basically theres tons more that were basically listed in the other dudes reply (vice lord)

Top Bottom