• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching with MK

KingAce

Smash Ace
I can approach some characters fairly easily just short hop air dodge the arrow/projectile spammers like falco n pit. however, I recently faced the campiest olimar EVER. all this guy does is sit back back until you come, then he will either put up his shield and then shield grab you, or sits there and spot dodges then fsmash/usmash. Its ridiculous I keep getting grabbed and dont say use the tornado to approach because I just end up getting punished, or the TORNADO gets shield grabbed. this is fucking pissing me off.. anyone wanna give suggestions on how to approach him? I tried so many things.. short hop fair, dair every approach seems to be flawed and lets olimar punish me....:mad:

LastReaper

Smash Cadet
1- Drill rush
2- Dash toward him, then up+b
3- Approach him above his head, air dodge a little to fake him out, then Dair combo him to death
4- Get near him, wait for him to throw pikmens, kill them, and as soon he starts plucking more, kill the main target, Sgt. Olimar.
5- Use SHFair repeatedly, and DI the opposite direction you're facing to step back a little, and try again...

This may work, this may not. So, I guess it's up to you...

ckm

Smash Journeyman
if youre getting shield grabbed when doing the tornado, youre doing it wrong. I rarely ever (only if I screw up) get shield grabbed when using the tornado. Just make sure you dont end it right in their face.

Last reaper: Although I do like the sh+fair+DI back technique, it doesnt work as well vs olimar because of his long *** reach... he can still shield grab from that distance, usually, or punish you with an attack.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
I can approach some characters fairly easily just short hop air dodge the arrow/projectile spammers like falco n pit. however, I recently faced the campiest olimar EVER. all this guy does is sit back back until you come, then he will either put up his shield and then shield grab you, or sits there and spot dodges then fsmash/usmash. Its ridiculous I keep getting grabbed and dont say use the tornado to approach because I just end up getting punished, or the TORNADO gets shield grabbed. this is fucking pissing me off.. anyone wanna give suggestions on how to approach him? I tried so many things.. short hop fair, dair every approach seems to be flawed and lets olimar punish me....:mad:
First off.... i doubt you play an olimar with as much skill as i do,
second, approaching from the air is your best bet, go to my vids thread and find the ones with me playing against shrinks olimar, he really is one of the best olimars around and i seem to do pretty well against him in the air, so check it out and try some of the stuff you see

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
Try using your tilts. Particularly the ftilt and dtilt. Dtilt pokes underneath shields, and with ftilt, you can pause a bit between strikes to try and get your opponent to drop his shield early. It sounds simple, and perhaps noobish, but walk up to Olimar and try your tilts.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
Try using your tilts. Particularly the ftilt and dtilt. Dtilt pokes underneath shields, and with ftilt, you can pause a bit between strikes to try and get your opponent to drop his shield early. It sounds simple, and perhaps noobish, but walk up to Olimar and try your tilts.

True story

Top Bottom