• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching Pit

Legendary Status

Smash Rookie
So I've been maining Olimar ever since I got the game and I guess Im ok with him. I've only had slight problems in dealing with other characters (i.e Marth, Squirtle, Wolf) but I can handle those. haha

So I'd like to ask, how do you approach a good Pit player.

His neutral B can keep you at a distance if he spams it
He seems to outprioritize Olimar in the air most of the time

The only thing that seems to work for me most of the time is d-air-ing him when hes trying to recover.

any suggestions?

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Pit is a very tough match-up and to be honest I haven't played against a really good pit so its tough for me to give you good advice but what I have found to work and what I think would be one your best options would be to play this match very aggressively.

Because of Pit's reflector moves and his arrows he can out camp Olimar so its best to keep on top of him. Really try to abuse the range you have on your smashes and your grab.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Approaching him isn't too hard. Pikmin clash with the arrows and Oli can duck under the arrows so you just get close enough to throw/smash and if the Pit is a camper, he'll be running away when you get close, so use that opportunity to attack with u.B.

If you're not afraid to sacrifice your pikmin you'll be fine. You can throw pikmin faster than he can shoot arrows.

billywill

Smash Journeyman
Well my friend is pit a lot and he camps, so I try to use mind games to fake him out, then run up and grab him, then throw him. When he is is the air I throw a bunch of pikmin at him because he might think I'm gonna air attack or something and he won't be ready. Just switch up the way you approach Pit everytime it will confuse the person.

Yakt-NJ

Smash Cadet
Something I realized that you can do if the pit is spamming side-b when you approach is grab. All pikmin except purple will be able to reach him generally without you making contact with the hitbox of the side-b. Spamming fmash or your fair into his forward b is asking for trouble and it's very easy to grab him if he insists on spamming it. Also, don't forget to DI away from him, trying to DI through side-b as though it's a jab combo will usually end in pain for you. As always, approaching from the air with fairs is best if he isn't using side-b.

nmaster64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nmaster64
3DS FC
4210-3983-6182
Pit's probably the hardest matchup I've played. His runningA is so fast and has a bit of disjointed hitbox, it's the only runningA in the game I have trouble grabbing them out of. This might be attributed to lag however...

Oli can duck under the arrows
A good Pit figures this out quick and just aims his arrows.

If you're not afraid to sacrifice your pikmin you'll be fine. You can throw pikmin faster than he can shoot arrows.
Pikmin are finite, arrows are not. And you can't miss a beat to keep up with his arrows.

Top Bottom