• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching Methods with Lucas

A Polar Bear

Smash Apprentice
Approaching with Lucas can be tough, especially considering the nature of the Mother 3 child, but don't worry, with these tips you'll get through any confrontation just fine.

Firstly, know your opponent. Let's get the easy ones out of the way first. Smash 4 has a plethora of lovely ladies, and Lucas should be taking full advantage of his innocent and endearingly cute looks to win over their hearts. To approach someone like Peach or Rosalina, put on a demure expression coupled with wide, glistening eyes, as well as a posture suggesting shyness and humility. Take extra care to hide the darkness and soulless qualities that you obtained from watching half your family die, because some of these ladies are quite observant. As long as you approach them with the 'shy boy' stature, they will accept you with open arms and cookies. This may even work on the battle toughened Samus, but Palutena may see through it, as she is, y'know, a Goddess and stuff. There's even a chance that it may win over the hearts of some of the more sensitive men, like Marth or perhaps even Bowser.

But there are Smashers who will not be impressed by such doe eyed smiles and shy postures, so different approaching methods must be used. The key is to play their egos. Display interest, no matter how forced, in their activities and hobbies. Perhaps go as far as asking them to show you more. No matter how braggy or annoying they may get, as Smashers like Ness or Pit are prone to be, do not outshine them in anything, no matter how much you want to crush their souls with the limitless power forced upon your broken body and soul through the draining adventures you had to endure to save the world from a Nazi-esque regime. Maintain a kind smile, and make it seem like you are the weaker. There are few individuals to pass an invite to demonstrate their pathetic selves.

Some characters are simpler and do not require as much thought or effort of putting on an elaborate mask. Simply approach Kirby with some food, Donkey or Diddy Kong with some bananas, Mega Man with an instruction manual to read, or the Koopalings with the code to Mario's room. Trust is easy to win over when their minds are as easy to manipulate as those gullible and pathetic human beings that are the Tazmily Villagers, but just like how you held those comments in, make sure you don't let your feelings show through here either. Though sarcasm might be too high brow for these guys, so throw out a few here and there. Remember to never stop smiling. Ask Killa... err... Villager for help if you need practise.

If you ever find yourself needing to approach ones such as Ganondorf, Ike, or any others who care not for much other than themselves, and therefore would not care for your careful acting, you must remember still, that even the most aloof and evil of characters have egos. Ask for the things that they are familiar with. Power. Tune yourself into their states of mind, spin a tale of distaste for others and the need for more power to show them your own ways, and ask for advice that they are more willing to give as they empathize with your plight. This act should prove easier than others, as there is more genuineness to your real feelings for the cosmic joke that is your life and the ball of wasted breath and atoms that is the world.

Take care to learn each and every character so that to match up their styles. Then approach them with appropriate humility and careful planning. And once you've wormed your way into their inner circles, and have played your part correctly enough so that they will either go easy on you during actual Smash Matches, or will underestimate you heavily, unleash all those years of pent up frustration and anger and hatred and sadness, let it boil up out of your blackened soul and through your eyes and fists and disintegrate them into fine dust for the unforgivable act of allowing your demotion to a Downloadable Character.

If you have any other approach options, please feel free to add to it here.

This is just me testing out thread creation so don't mind me. Please notify me of my termination from the Lucas forums and I will delete this thread and pack my bags and leave.

EclipseSmash

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheHeroOfHylia
3DS FC
5043-3010-8901
This is what we call on the /r/DotA2 subreddit a "quality ****post". This one's so good I am not even sure if it's a ****post anymore... :ace:

Agent Emerald

Smash Journeyman
Protip: Marth, when not slapping dragons silly with his sword, is actually a complete optimistic softy who hates seeing people get hurt. He's up there with the women.

Zelda, however, is a highly trained sage who can not be fooled by such basic actions. She and Palutena may be the biggest issues here. Shulk would be here with his visions too if he wasn't a fellow blonde.

When approaching female Robin, be super careful. She has this magnetic air around her, which, if you hang around enough in, can result in you suddenly being her husband. On the plus side, you get a future son.

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
Give this man a Casey Bat

Because he just knocked all my expectations out of the park.

Michael4thewin

Smash Rookie
When approaching Mario: Eat Mushrooms and try to grow a bigger size (be careful of side effects), bring a Vacuum when going to Luigi in case a ghost tries to attack. Some people might need a gift or help dealing with something before they let you into their circle.

Top Bottom