• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching Megaman with DK

DkDaggers

Smash Rookie
Hey all,

In an effort to expand my dong I have been practising with a friend of mine who's a level or two above me. I am competitive in virtually every matchup with him except his megaman. 2 stocks are the rule rather than the exception in that matchup.

Of course hanging back just means eating a ton of lemons, gears and exploding mines (god how I hate those things!) so safely approaching is a must. Unfortunately I haven't worked out which approaches can get me in range without taking a ton of damage. I have tried walking and shielding (lemons are too fast for me to safely make any ground), empty hopping (Megaman's u smash has good range and priority) rolling in (ouch downsmash!), and short hop bairing my way in (shieldgrabbed all day).

What am I missing? would nairing help? Do dash attacks grab Megaman's gears? Any and all advice welcome!

RiotLettuce

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiotLettuce
3DS FC
0877-2587-1813
A little biased, because we both know every time you roll in you don't get downsmashed, or everytime you jump in you get upsmashed, although those would work, it doesn't happen everytime. Now what you have to do is get in with grounded up b and superarmor through pellets. Megaman's pellets have cooldown to stop the pellet and shield. If that gets too repetitive and your opponent is stopping you everytime, you can try shorthopping + airdodging, doing it immediately will let you land with no lag. You can also try power shielding your way in, and once you get right outside Megaman's grab range dtilting. If you can manage to get a grab under 50%, do jump cargoupthrow double jump fair. Once you get in, make sure to do as much damage as possible or else you'll have to work on your approach again. Once you're actually in, there's nothing Megaman can really do besides fairing or nairing. If you think you're losing Megaman and he can run away, down b to stop him from running away. I understand fighting Megaman can be a real pain, but once you understand the matchup, it doesn't seem as impossible as it once may have. I remember crying about that matchup for like the first month or two since the game came out.

Top Bottom