• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Applications of a boost grab?

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
So, as a new Sheik main, I have to ask: What applications does a boost grab have, and when should you use a Boost Grabd and when should you use a JC grab?
While practicing on 20XX, I've noticed I've been having a lot of trouble regrabbing my opponents, especially Marth, when they DI away from a Down Throw. Part of this is due to the fact my reflexes to sprint when I notice my opponent is DIing away still are somewhat subpar, but even when I do sprint successfuly, I miss my grab, which is kind of frustrating, and it left me wondering whether I'm supposed to use a regular Dash Grab, a Boost Grab or a JC Grab in that situation.

Astherath

Smash Cadet
Well, the different grabs have different uses:
JC grab leaves you with much less lag (you should never do regular grab really)
Boost grab or DAC grab reaches a little bit farther, but leaves you with an immense amount of lag. IIRC this is the grab you use for the marth chaingrab. The other main use is for techchasing, especially if it's reactionary.

Overall, only use a boost grab if you're sure that the little tiny boost will guarantee the grab, otherwise you'll eat a ton of damage. Any other time use a jc grab (unless you're going for a dash grab).

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Thank you. I suppose what I need to do now is train my reaction time...

OG Zen

Smash Rookie
Its also good vs marth dash dance. U aim it towards the back of his dash dance and boost grab. Then u make marth cry.

Good luck m8.

Top Bottom