• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apple and the Terrorist's iPhone

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Nope. The only way they can do it is to code software that will hack devices and there's literally zero percent guarantee that software won't leak thus creating q huge security hole for iPhone users. Apple is right to refuse. Law enforcement should stop getting their ideas from television shows like Rizzoli and Isles (not that I don't love that show lol}.

Fox who?

Smash Cadet
NNID
xanhil
3DS FC
4957-6199-7845
Nope. The only way they can do it is to code software that will hack devices and there's literally zero percent guarantee that software won't leak thus creating q huge security hole for iPhone users. Apple is right to refuse. Law enforcement should stop getting their ideas from television shows like Rizzoli and Isles (not that I don't love that show lol}.
Not that I don't agree with you, but for the sake of argument, think about the other side. There was a terrorist who more than likely has many contacts right within our grasp. We could quite possibly save quite a few lives if we were able to access this phone.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I may agree except there's little evidence to support the idea that the phone has information not already accessible through the social media sites that were accessed by it, which the prosecution already has access too.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
The phone is evidence in a crime and they have a warrant to search its contents. The problem is they can't search its content without Apple making a special software that, if leaked, could potentially be used to hack everyone's iPhone. It's too dangerous.

Lichi

This is my war snarl
One of the few decisions from Apple over the past years that I support. A company should never create backdoors in their products for governments or any other reason, even if it is to fight terrorism. It is the right of every consumer to retain his/her privacy, especially in front of the government.

Top Bottom