• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apparently, N64 games are coming to Wii U VC.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It seems that Nintendo's own website has confirmed that Nintendo 64 titles will soon be coming to the Wii U virtual console. This was either alluded to by accident before an official announcement, or whoever wrote and cleared the wordage just made a mistake. Regardless, it seems odd that they wouldn't have said something about this at E3.

Since I'm sure most people browsing this forum have played Smash 64 at some point in their lives, I was wondering what interest there was in this revelation if proven true. I've personally been waiting on an announcement before I spend my money on the Wii VC instead, and figured others would like to hear about this news as well.

[source]

DarthLuigi36

Smash Cadet
NNID
CmonBlueFalcon
3DS FC
3823-8676-0627
It'd be cool if they did like Microsoft and move the multiplayer online with their older games. It won't happen, but I like to think it'd be fun.

Toledo Jones

Smash Cadet
I've been waiting for N64 games on the Wii U VC for quite a while now. Especially for Smash 64. I'd like to play it with the gamepad. I already own it on the Wii VC, but I'd purchase it again since I'd have it discounted.

Japsy

Banned via Warnings
Ehhh. Doesn't really matter. The Wii VC had a great N64 library, was just missing the Rareware games and Pokemon Stadium. And Glover.

YorKeY

Smash Cadet

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
We've known for about a year that they are, yet nothing's come from it yet. Heck, we're getting DS games before that, and those we just announced a couple of months ago. It's really disappointing, tbh.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just give me this already:

And I'll ask for nothing more.

D

Deleted Member

I hope they fix the issue of games like SM64 and MK64 having dark lighting.

And like others said, please bring DK64 to the VC.

Last edited by a moderator:

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
I hope there's something new or different,
At least some titles that weren't on Wii VC, because I own most of them twice, (OoT thrice)!
Plus- what's the deal on GC VC?!

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501

The only hope though is that we are allowed to have dk64 virtual console, we do own donkey kong tho, but ultimatley, no banjo or conker :(

Last edited:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Just give me this already:

And I'll ask for nothing more.
I would agree with this, except I still have my original DK64 and my functional N64 so I'm all set!

Personally, I think it would be cool if Pokémon Red & Blue, and Pokémon Stadium were available on Wii U VC. It would have to be set up so that you could transfer Pokémon data from the main games to Pokémon Stadium, because Pokémon Stadium on its own would mean using only rentals. Rentals are.....inadequate, to say the least. And of course, online play would be awesome.

Then again, I won't be surprised or disappointed if it doesn't happen, since I also have my original Red, Blue, and Yellow cartridges. And Pokémon Stadium, complete with 2 Nintendo Transfer Paks. So once again, I'm all set.

The sad part is I still haven't beaten either DK64 or all the Cups/Gym Leader Castle after all these years.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I also have a functional N64, and my DK64 cartridge. Major problem: all controllers broke down... :urg:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Plus- what's the deal on GC VC?!
I'm curious on this as well, but Nintendo has made no mention of it even being a possibility yet.

Granted, unlike my other old Nintendo consoles, I still have a working Gamecube and all the games for it I want. I just want to eventually have all of it digitally tied to only one console. Nintendo has such a gratuitous first party catalog; they'd be wise to take full advantage of it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This thread is better suited on the NintenZone section of the forums, so I moved it.

Last edited:

Ginger Hail

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that notice has been there for a looong time now. Clearly hasn't been updated in a while since it still mentions Game Boy Advance stuff not being available yet.

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
Im still waiting for GBA on 3DS which they said would be coming when they launched the 3DS. I'd be more annoyed but Im an ambassador, so at least I have some.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Not sure if they are coming soon, but they've had that posted about N64 games hitting Virtual Console since they launched the Virtual Console service. It's not really new news - a few media sites just misread. lol

Didn't Nintendo say they were going to be releasing gamecube games for the WiiU virtual console as well?

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
Didn't Nintendo say they were going to be releasing gamecube games for the WiiU virtual console as well?
I'm assuming that's going to start around the time the new GCN controllers come out.

Although really, for me personally I think the only game I'd be interested in downloading is Luigi's Mansion since I own physical copies of nearly every GCN game worth having. 'Cept I don't have LM anymore and I don't want to pay $30+ for a copy off Amazon. If they managed to put Tales of Symphonia up I think I'd download that too, since I don't have a physical copy of that any more either and I've been wanting to replay it. Although I'll likely just end up ordering a copy after I'm done replaying Persona 4.

As far as N64 games go, I wouldn't mind seeing Paper Mario. Even though I already own a copy of it on the Wii VC, if Nintendo decided to actually make enhanced ports with things like updated graphics, sound, new content, ect. I'd probably rebuy it.

D

Deleted member

I'm really hoping that N64 games are coming to the VC soon! The amount of N64 games on the Wii VC was disappointing, so I'm hoping that they at least step it up a notch and give us more games.

R0Y

Smash Master
Lookin for dat Paper Mario.
If you're still looking for it right now, you can go to Wii mode and buy it on Wii VC. Not as good as the Wii U VC though, yeah (no save states, lower resolution, etc.)

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I already have my heart set on getting a Raphnet N64 controller adapter for Smash 4, so Smash 1 would be nice.

Also, Goldeneye. I lost the cartridge before I ever had the change to play it. And Gauntlet Legends; I loved that one.

Last edited:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I need Mario Kart 64

Also I think it's time for Gamecube to join the party!

R0Y

Smash Master
Haha, thought the bump was going to be news! I still love you Nintendo.

greatbernard

Smash Apprentice
My wishlist:

1. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  2. Zelda: Majora's Mask
  3. Super Mario 64
  4. Paper Mario
  5. Mario Tennis
  6. Mario Golf
  7. Donkey Kong 64
  8. Star Fox 64
  9. Diddy Kong Racing
  10. Mario Kart 64
  11. Pokemon Stadium
  12. Super Smash Bros.
  13. Perfect Dark
  14. Goldeneye
  15. Banjo Kazooie

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Never really liked the N64. It's my least favorite of the nintendo home consoles.
Ones I really want:
  • Majora's Mask (Hopefully a remake comes, tho)
  • Donkey Kong 64
  • F-Zero X
  • Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
  • Pokemon Snap
If you think I'm "missing" some good ones, it's probably because I own them on the Wii VC.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Having Mario Party 2 & 3 wouldn't hurt! By the way how often does the VC update itself? Weekly? I'm new to the Wii U club.

Top Bottom