• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2015 Volunteers Needed!

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Apex 2015 is in search of last minute volunteers to help run pools! Apex has already cemented itself as the largest Smash Brothers tournament in history, leapfrogging Apex 2014. The event will see the largest ever Melee tournament with more than 1,000 entrants, the largest ever Smash Wii U tournament with over 800 entrants, and the largest Super Smash Brothers 64 tournament. More than $50,000 in prizes will be awarded at the event. With this many people participating in events across three days, there is a huge need for help, and that means the Smash community needs to come up big time! Jesse contacted Smashboards to get the word out for those interested in helping.

"Hey everyone. Apex needs pool captains! We need volunteers to help captain pools, as this is gonna be the biggest smash tournament ever.

I know there were some miscommunications with some people before about volunteering, but everything should be ironed out now. You can see which pool waves you are playing in here (pools, schedule, and floor plan), so if you want to volunteer, see what wave you're in, then see if you can help out. If you're entering events, you absolutely can still volunteer, check what wave you're in, and see if there's another wave that needs a volunteer.

You can see which waves/games need volunteers by clicking here!

We'll have lots of help for pool captains, including a printout on how to run a pool, as well as an orientation to explain it. Staff will be available to help you when there are issues. There are perks for volunteering (spectator fee waived for captaining one pool, one game entry refunded for two pools, etc). More importantly, you'd be playing a critical role helping the biggest smash tournament ever help run on time and go well! This community is so amazing, please help out!!

To volunteer - please sign up here!"
Apex 2015 is the largest grassroots Smash event ever. It is also the second largest grassroots video game tournament in North America, behind only EVO. The event, like many Smash tournaments, only operate successfully when the community steps in to help and to watch out for each other, and the event. If you are attending Apex 2015 and you have some time to spare, volunteering as a pool captain, or for any other role, will help make the event a success, and help build your own leadership and organizing skills.

To view all the most important information regarding Apex 2015, check our dedicated forums for the event.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aelo

Smash Rookie
Apex this year is going to be CRAZY!
If I was currently in the U.S. I would definetely volunteer to help, but I'm not. I can only hope everything works out amazing so the tourney can progress smoothly and without any complications.

I'm really excited to see what more surprises are in store for us as well. This weekend is going to be HYPE. My body can barely take the anxiety.

Last edited:

Spazicle

Smash Rookie
NNID
Spazicle
Where can I watch Apex? Is there a Twitch channel I could follow?

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
geez a whole day being around smash and players. to bad i really can't just fly down there for volunteering.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I honestly would not touch Apex with a ten foot pole this year.
Too many god-damn politics and scandals and stupid stuff.

It's so ridiculous that something like 'Smash politics' actually exists.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I honestly would not touch Apex with a ten foot pole this year.
Too many god-damn politics and scandals and stupid stuff.

It's so ridiculous that something like 'Smash politics' actually exists.
So you're saying Smash politics are ridiculous but you still apply them to yourself? My recommendation: Disregard drama, acquire Smash settling skills.

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Oh boy! I just cant wait to NOT have fun thier with new security and uptight rules and regulations, watch as almost the ENTIRE venue pander to Smash 4 because "MUH Nintendo Sponsorship", not to also mention no Project M but they can go ahead and have SSF there, and see tons of Diddys. And now they want volunteers to help them?

Well i know they wont be needing my help, especially when almost every venue will have a reserve list of volunteers that wanted to help since '10

It feels kind of what happened with AGDQ and SGDQ, They started off doing something they cared about and still have fun. But now it's just trying to be a professional "event" when you take priority over the maim reason you made the whole thing for.

That's what also what happened with PM. But instead, you wanted Smash to be more mainstream in the masses for competitive fighting and the consequences was to make sure that PM NEEEEVER get placed into any major gaming event again.

So yeah. Also is it just me or is the logo corrupted?

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Oh boy! I just cant wait to NOT have fun thier with new security and uptight rules and regulations, watch as almost the ENTIRE venue pander to Smash 4 because "MUH Nintendo Sponsorship", not to also mention no Project M but they can go ahead and have SSF there, and see tons of Diddys. And now they want volunteers to help them?

Well i know they wont be needing my help, especially when almost every venue will have a reserve list of volunteers that wanted to help since '10

It feels kind of what happened with AGDQ and SGDQ, They started off doing something they cared about and still have fun. But now it's just trying to be a professional "event" when you take priority over the maim reason you made the whole thing for.

That's what also what happened with PM. But instead, you wanted Smash to be more mainstream in the masses for competitive fighting and the consequences was to make sure that PM NEEEEVER get placed into any major gaming event again.

So yeah. Also is it just me or is the logo corrupted?
Damn this post is 100% 4chan.
you're right though

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Why can't people like you understand, SSF 2 was already there last year, it didn't replace project m! And super smash flash 2 is JUST A DAMN BOOTH NOT A TOURNAMENT!!!
Thank you

Last edited:

Unit583

Smash Rookie
NNID
protoman64
Where can I watch Apex? Is there a Twitch channel I could follow?
You can watch the smash events at APEX 2015 on Vgbootcamp's twitch and team spooky's twitch. There' s a stream schedule on the interwebs if you're up to looking for it.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Let's have one of these volunteers, or hell, just someone bring SD Remix as a booth or friendlies console.

That one's under the radar, so Nintendo won't notice...

Top Bottom