• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyway to bring back the brawl stages?

Cubones

Smash Rookie
There's way too many tourney-style stages in this mod for my taste, is there a way I can put some of the stages back to how they used to be? One of the reasons I love Smash Bros is because of all the stages that have crazy gimmicks, and I feel that this mod kinda takes that and shoves it aside to turn everything into Battlefield clones.

Blarg I'm Dead

Smash Apprentice
Play big blue more often if you feel that way.

Or just pay attention to death boundaries, platform height, wall jumps, and moving platforms. Every 3 platform, big ground level stage is different.

:phone:

Revven

FrankerZ
You can take the edited stage files off of your SD Card.

To do this, go to: private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/stages/melee
And you'll also need to go into: private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/module

And then identify which stage(s) you want to remove. Just going to warn you though, every stage's camera was edited so when you revert to vBrawl stages, the camera might be quite a bit slower and/or awkward looking.

In the future, when it's possible, we'll be trying to have the original stages in the game. Right now though it's not possible (at least in the way we want to do it).

It makes me very sad you don't enjoy any of the stages we've created though. :(

Cubones

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the help, I'll try doing that and take my chances with the camera. And it's not like I don't like the stages you put in (I actually kinda like how the platforms in Dracula's Castle move around, and it's great to see Hyrule Castle again), it's just that I liked some of the stages better as they were (Green Hill and its crumbly floor, for example).

Also, I f***ing love Squirtle, thanks for making him a separate character.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Out of curiosity, what's stopping you from including the original stages? Is it a camera bug, or problems with the stage expansion code, or something else?

Top Bottom