• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything that might help me?

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Well, I main 4 characters.
Marth, Kirby, Bowser, and IC.

As you can guess, This reguards the IC's.

The thing is, I see all of these videos of the IC's and they always seem to use CG.
The weird part about my IC are that I don't use CG, I not even the down throw to down throw.
I use everything, Specials, Smashes, Tilts, everything, just not grabs.

Is this bad?
I am decent with the IC's, but I just wondering should I learn CGs or just keep playing as I usually do?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
That's very good. Too many Ice Climbers just focus on the grabs alone, but if you're fighting someone with good spacing, that won't work. Chaingrabs would definitely help, but it's even better if you can chaingrab and do well in combat that doesn't revolve around grabbing the air in a 0-Death attempt.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Ah, okay....
Well, with spacing problems, the SH->DownB works because it's duration is long and has decent range. Squall Hammer is good and better if desync'd.

And I trying to CG the forward throw, but Nana keeps dashing and never grabs anything...

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
you're good. but remember that *a synced squall pops the opponent up if they are hit at the end. you're fine. you really don't need to worry about cgs.

*it may work with desynced, but i'm not 100% on it.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Well, being popped up gives the IC's a good selection of set ups (given damage.)

Like a Nair (which I for some reason love using), or a Uair.
For low %'s a Utilt, or a Belay.
I believe you should have enough time to execute a move.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Just another quick question.
Is it better to play ICs as defensivly or offensivly?
I play them very offensivly.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Well, being popped up gives the IC's a good selection of set ups (given damage.)

Like a Nair (which I for some reason love using), or a Uair.
For low %'s a Utilt, or a Belay.
I believe you should have enough time to execute a move.
well thats my point. generally a synced squall is a better choice than a desynced (unless you want to press a chain of them down on your opponent. :-P)

Top Bottom