• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything important an old player would need to know?

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
I used to go to a lot of tournaments in my area in late 2008, anyway long story short I stopped playing for a while, went to school etc, forgot the password to my old account so I just made a new one (btw if anyone knows a way to get in touch with a moderator who can recover an old account if I no longer have access to the e-mail that would be great).
So yeah, Is there anything that has happend that I would need to know to make sure I don't look dumb when I go to a tournament again.
Found out yesterday that Meta Knight is now banned which was a good thing to find out because I would of been that guy who had no idea and went into a tournamenet and picked him haha.
So yeah any input would be great! Also back when I played there used to be a frequently updated tier list for brawl as well as a Character tournament results, is this still around.
Thanks guys!

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I used to go to a lot of tournaments in my area in late 2008, anyway long story short I stopped playing for a while, went to school etc, forgot the password to my old account so I just made a new one (btw if anyone knows a way to get in touch with a moderator who can recover an old account if I no longer have access to the e-mail that would be great).
So yeah, Is there anything that has happend that I would need to know to make sure I don't look dumb when I go to a tournament again.
Found out yesterday that Meta Knight is now banned which was a good thing to find out because I would of been that guy who had no idea and went into a tournamenet and picked him haha.
So yeah any input would be great! Also back when I played there used to be a frequently updated tier list for brawl as well as a Character tournament results, is this still around.
Thanks guys!
hmm... looks like nobody helped u so far, so let me be the first.
To my knowledge, MK is only banned in certain tournaments, not all of them. So depending which one you go to it will be okay to pick him. The tier lists still do update, heres the link to the latest one http://smashboards.com/threads/official-swf-tier-list-v8.335959/. Also beware of the ICs because they are just as broken as MK now imo with their 0 to death chaingrabs. Thats all that has really changed, reply if you want to know more.

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
hmm... looks like nobody helped u so far, so let me be the first.
To my knowledge, MK is only banned in certain tournaments, not all of them. So depending which one you go to it will be okay to pick him. The tier lists still do update, heres the link to the latest one http://smashboards.com/threads/official-swf-tier-list-v8.335959/. Also beware of the ICs because they are just as broken as MK now imo with their 0 to death chaingrabs. Thats all that has really changed, reply if you want to know more.
Haha thanks for the info, looks like its time to learn Ice Climbers LOL
Sad to see nothings been found out with Link :( still bottom of the cast, always wanted to main him in a smash games.
Snake used to be up there with MetaKnight back when I played, seems hes dropped a bit. Thanks for the info :D!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Psst, MK isn't banned in our region.

Top Bottom