• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone want to PVP Online?

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
Are you talking about a sparring buddy or something? I'm on kaillera pretty regularly (around 8 to 9 EST) if you want to play PM me here or skype me (same name = Saltsizzle). Tournaments are on weekends if you make an account (super easy) at this site: https://advancedbrackets.com/

Finally...welcome to the boards!

Bassic

Smash Apprentice
Saltsizzle, thank you! I just tried playing online but the connection at my college apartment is horrendous. About 3 mbps. But at home I have 15 mbps. I do want a training buddy and I've gotten pretty good at smash 64 (I'm better than you'd probably expect from a beginner on this site) and we should play sometime. I'd love to do tournaments online too,, I'll sign up when I get home. But I have a quick question if you end up seeing this comment. I have 15 mbps at home (I'm going home next Friday after my last finals) and was wondering if that's enough to play on LAN online. Because I tried playing here with direct connection but I can play barely with a terrible lag on excellent. Do you think with 15 mbps I'd be able to play LAN with minimal problems? How fast is your connection (mbps wise). Also, if anyone else sees this, I'd love an answer.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Saltsizzle, thank you! I just tried playing online but the connection at my college apartment is horrendous. About 3 mbps. But at home I have 15 mbps. I do want a training buddy and I've gotten pretty good at smash 64 (I'm better than you'd probably expect from a beginner on this site) and we should play sometime. I'd love to do tournaments online too,, I'll sign up when I get home. But I have a quick question if you end up seeing this comment. I have 15 mbps at home (I'm going home next Friday after my last finals) and was wondering if that's enough to play on LAN online. Because I tried playing here with direct connection but I can play barely with a terrible lag on excellent. Do you think with 15 mbps I'd be able to play LAN with minimal problems? How fast is your connection (mbps wise). Also, if anyone else sees this, I'd love an answer.
you don't really need a very fast connection actually u just need a very consistent connection to get smooth gameplay. For this reason it is usually preferable to play using an Ethernet cable rather than wireless internet

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
That is pretty bad internet. Going to the campus and plugging in there in an abandoned computer lab would be good (lol I used to do this). I think I have 10mbps and it runs fine for me on LAN. Like what Marbles said go wired and see if it helps. Also connect to servers that are closer physical location to you or use p2p. Hopefully I'll see you on the battlefield soon.

Top Bottom