• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone up air with A instead of c-stick?

Yorio

Smash Rookie
I feel like I can't get my up airs out fast enough by using the stick so I've been practicing it with A, and man I just can't seem to get any sort of consistency down.

I know A Rookie does it primarily with A and it looks so much better than what I can pull off with the c stick. I'm kind of just ranting about having no success after practicing it for a long time. Do you guys use c stick for stuff like up air or do you use A?

JipC

Smash Journeyman
I think Bizzaroflame said he uses a to upair since he can jump and instantly upair. Not Mario but yeah

KlWl

El Kiwi ᴶᴰ
I feel like I can't get my up airs out fast enough by using the stick so I've been practicing it with A, and man I just can't seem to get any sort of consistency down.

I know A Rookie does it primarily with A and it looks so much better than what I can pull off with the c stick. I'm kind of just ranting about having no success after practicing it for a long time. Do you guys use c stick for stuff like up air or do you use A?
Yeah, i can get it out. If you can get the up tilt angle really well, it becomes really easy

Sriracha X

Smash Rookie
I used to use the stick but that was because I didn't understand the wonder that is instant uair. After watching my friend's Falcon do fast uairs and get conversions and whatnot, I decided to learn how to do it using A.

After I went back and learned how to do instant uairs with the c-stick, I flick up on the control stick and then hit up on the c-stick - I find it easier to do fade back uairs with this method and sometimes uair in place or OoS.

So I do shffl uairs three different ways for different reasons:

1. With A: general use; in place spacing; juggling; OoS
2. With c-stick (flicking up on stick): defensive uairs; fade aways; in place spacing; OoS
3. With c-stick (using X to jump): slightly later timing pokes through platforms; autopilot execution

Maza Nomains

Smash Rookie
I thought the general way to do instant Uair for any character was to just flick up and hit A. Never even considered using the c-stick, just seems like you're moving your thumb an extra inch for no reason..

toophat

Smash Rookie
i honestly cant get comfortable enough to use the c-stick and i dont really know why

Top Bottom