• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

anyone near aiken sc/augusta ga?

D

Deleted member

619, if you are interested in Melee, make sure you join our GA Smash Facebook group.

GA Melee checks smashboards rarely at this point.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/209198555783942/?ap=1

Find the list of members for the group and message John Lee to invite you into the group. He'll also likely be the one who helps you out the most and teaches you if you come to Atlanta.

We host small smashfests locally for Melee up here, but sometimes we do big smashfests at SPSU in Marietta. It'd be worth your time for you and SaiXander and his friends to come. We'll shout out when we do it on the FB group.

What schools do you guys go to by the way?

D

Deleted member

Cool.

Just be sure to join in the GA Melee thing on Facebook so we can include you in anything going on in Atlanta.

-619-

Smash Cadet
Alright sounds fun. That's my main concern right now is finding ppl who r really good at melee to help me practice

:phone:

D

Deleted member

You're in an unfortunate area to do so.

You're gonna have to train up yourself until you go somewhere else like a tournament in Atl, SC, or NC to play the people in that area.

I'm close to getting tournaments back up and running in Atlanta, so hopefully we'll see you guys soon and get you that practice.

Make sure to use resources to help your practice like the forums, player contact info, and videos.

SaiXander

Smash Apprentice
Augusta/Charleston, South Carolina, basically.
It really is an unfortunate area.

Even so, I'm hoping I can at least raise a crew out of the ruins that is Augusta's smash community.

My personal knowledge of people has my own crew at four.

It doesn't seem like an easy task, to bring hype to a 2001 title, but I'll be headed into college with at least one purpose that has nothing to do with academics.

D

Deleted member

I can guarantee that GA Melee will show up at the Bulldawg Brawl. I look forward to meeting the Augusta smash crew.

-619-

Smash Cadet
Planning a visit to Augusta for the weekend of August 12.

Just sayin'.

Also, the timing is not verified, but I'll definitely be around on that Saturday.
Awesome. If you want me and my friend will prolly be able to play some melee with u at my friends place in north augusta

:phone:

D

Deleted member

By the way:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301919

Melee tourney at Athens on UGA campus. Sept 24th.

Please try and confirm early if you can go to help turnout and spur others to come as well. Start planning now and ATL smash will see you guys there. I'm excited to meet you all, so please do best to show up :D

Top Bottom