• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone interested in reviving the ssb64 community?

Status
Not open for further replies.

p33c3

Smash Rookie
Hey bros. I've recently come back to the ssb64 online community only to find that the amount of players has seriously died off. Wasn't much of a surprise tbh. Anyways, I'm looking to plan a big charity stream event on twitch.tv this will not only allow us to raise money for a good cause; but also help promote the ssb64 community as charity streams are generally prioritized over other streams (aka they get tons of viewers). Let me know what you guys think, if you're interested, if you'd like to be involved etc.

For everyone interested please hit me up on skype: p33c3ssb

Current people interested (may have forgotten some, there were a bunch of people interested when I spoke of it on smash FU):
i SMASH
YBOMBB
streak
unknown
omnus
*** vwls

Last edited:

p33c3

Smash Rookie
I dont believe this to be true. The community is nowhere near what it used to be. Several of the regulars that still play will agree. I'm referring mainly to the online community. Bringing more players to Smash FU, the florida servers, european servers etc.

Shears

Smash Master
Oh ok, I guess I can see how the online kaillera community isn't what it once was but I don't ever play online and in fact hate it and kaillera. Anyway, just so you know, the console scene and console tournaments is the largest its ever been.

p33c3

Smash Rookie
Ok I believe you. I should have specified that this is geared more towards the revival of the online community.

D

Deleted member

Online it does feel a bit stale. :/ Playing the same people over and over.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
when will this be happening? if i'm not busy i'd be interested in participating. Online isn't quite what is was when i first started about 2 years ago

p33c3

Smash Rookie
when will this be happening? if i'm not busy i'd be interested in participating. Online isn't quite what is was when i first started about 2 years ago
Originally I was going to have it this Friday, but due to unforeseen circumstances I'm unsure I will be able to do so. So I decided I would post on smashboards and try and make it a large community event. I'm open to any ideas or opinions. I'll have to figure out the date by seeing what day/time works best for everyone interested. Most likely would be on a weekend.

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
doesn't really make sense online is way better for playing a lot of people easily than console
Yes, you can play more people, but it's not necessarily very comfortable to play online. Even 1 frame of delay feels so much different than console play. I'd honestly rather play someone of lower skill on console than someone considerably better online, because I feel like I perform much more consistently on console, and the movement is also much more fluid in comparison to my online ability.

However, this also puts me in a bad position because I'm constantly switching between console and online so I always have to take time to adjust to each one. Adjusting from online to console is MUCH easier, though.

tl;dr console is much more comfortable for the majority of players.

<Fruity>

Smash Apprentice
Europe is living good days of online smash. Lots of new players have joined the skype group and we've got daily games now.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yes, you can play more people, but it's not necessarily very comfortable to play online. Even 1 frame of delay feels so much different than console play. I'd honestly rather play someone of lower skill on console than someone considerably better online, because I feel like I perform much more consistently on console, and the movement is also much more fluid in comparison to my online ability.

However, this also puts me in a bad position because I'm constantly switching between console and online so I always have to take time to adjust to each one. Adjusting from online to console is MUCH easier, though.

tl;dr console is much more comfortable for the majority of players.
Yeah I know, that's besides the point of my post though.

I'm just saying his specific complaint about online is strange because online is way better in that specific regard.

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
Ah now I understand. Yeah I agree with you, as long as you know how to contact people you can have a very diverse set of players to smash with online.

p33c3

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the posts bruhs but please dont post here if you're not interested in the charity stream. Thanks.

Bassic

Smash Apprentice
I'm interested in the charity stream. I love playing online. But I'd agree wit Shears, the 64 community has seriously grown in the past year. The PA scene has gotten huge up in the Harrisburg area.

p33c3

Smash Rookie
I'm interested in the charity stream. I love playing online. But I'd agree wit Shears, the 64 community has seriously grown in the past year. The PA scene has gotten huge up in the Harrisburg area.
Once again, I never doubted that competitive/tournament wise it hasn't grown. As stated above, I'm strictly speaking about kaillera players.

p33c3

Smash Rookie
Guys it does not matter how alive your communities are. Wouldn't you want it to keep growing? Think of the BIGGER picture here. Regardless of whether or not you want more promotion, its gonna happen anyways. I just thought it would be a cool idea to make it a big community event.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
lol I revived console 64 in toronto and idgaf im gonna help with whatever you want

Bassic

Smash Apprentice
I say we do more weekday online tournaments and make weekend tournaments start at an actual time that we all agree on.

I haven't played in an online tourney in forever it feels like. Any thoughts?

<Fruity>

Smash Apprentice
Guys it does not matter how alive your communities are. Wouldn't you want it to keep growing? Think of the BIGGER picture here. Regardless of whether or not you want more promotion, its gonna happen anyways. I just thought it would be a cool idea to make it a big community event.

It's a pretty good idea, I'm definetely interested in this :)

I can get you some european matches for that stream.

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
What is this going to be? Like a skype hang out round robin rotate players on stream deal? A large online tournament? An online salty suite? Something else?

p33c3

Smash Rookie
What is this going to be? Like a skype hang out round robin rotate players on stream deal? A large online tournament? An online salty suite? Something else?
It could honestly be any number of things. Right now, I'm just trying to figure out who would be interested in being involved with the event. It will be much easier to plan if I can get everyone thats interested together. This way we can also figure out if anyone wants to do a charity stream of their own etc. And yes, there can be multiple charity streams going on at once.

For everyone interested please hit me up on skype: p33c3ssb

If you dont have skype just pm me here. Ty.

Last edited by a moderator:

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
64 in brazil is bigger than ever too, all our top players are at their hightest level to date and we'll have 50+ people tournament soon.

cant play cuz lag, but I would watch the stream, this seems really nice!

Also, i THINK (really not sure) the smashboards is a little less hot than once were.

UltraRetroReviver

Smash Rookie
I sure as heck would love to have a revival of Smash 64.
Smash 64 was recently held at BAM7 which ended a few days ago, and as far as I am aware, not much people entered. I didn't go to BAM7 mysekf, so do not quote me on that. But, yes, gladly! I would love to see a revival of Super Smash Bros. 64!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

my advice is to either find a few friends and p2p, or check out the servers, outer heaven 1 or 2. both of which are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom