• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone got tips for Captain Falcon?

Ufotofu2

Smash Rookie
I'm not a very skilled player, but I know my way around falcon. I'm mostly have problems sweet spotting the knee. Especially when I just want to short hop - knee, I end up flying either horizontally or vertically.

Do you guys sweet spot your knees by short hopping and using A to direct aerial attacks, or is using smash stick better?

Any other combos/stringing moves/tips are very helpful cheers!

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
You kneed advice?

I only play Calpain Fackon occasionally, but I generally do the sweetspot by down throwing and then following up with the fair. If you get good with knowing when to use it, it's a great feeling.

Risky far-out edge guards that end with your knee in an opponent's face are the best. Just make sure you don't become one of those players who just fairs over and over again missing consistently.

Kati

Smash Lord
I suggest the melee falcon boards. PM Falcon is flooded with buff wishlists and unproductive stuff. If you do go there, then try and find videos from Fatality and Blunted Object.

Last edited:

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
i forgot to mention watch alot of hax falcon matches, he is extremely good with the captain.

Gomer

Smash Rookie
Personally to get guaranteed knees, I like to stomp around 30-40% then I find it easier to hit the knee with a shorthop.
If you get shffling down, then up throw or down throw at somewhat low percents can lead to knee follow ups.
I always use the c-stick for directional attacks. I guess it could depend on how you shorthop.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
How can people not love Falcon? A general tip that worked for me the other day, if you do a dthrow wanting to get a knee offstage, a great mixup is to use the stomp instead, good mixup and if you think you'll miss the knee then you have a great alternative option

D

Deleted member

I never use the standard A directional method for aerials, simply because I can't. Only for Neutral airs, really.

You really should consider using the C Stick for aerials.

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
i use a for a fairs and bairs with the captain, it feels more natural.

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
All of falcon's aerials are pretty amazing when it comes to comboing into the knee. The knee is falcon's best aerial finisher (besides maybe a nipple-spike Down-air), and any assortment of Up-air, Neutral-air, etc. can lead to an easy followup., especially if your opponent doesn't tech. Falcon's throws are good as well, with up-throw combing into it around 90% on fast-fallers and Down-Throw -> Knee works fairly well on "floaty" characters like peach or kirby at around 80%.

SSS

Smash Ace
C-stick allows you to do aerials one way while moving the opposite direction, so you can do like retreating bairs and stuff.

If you want to learn how to play Falcon you should probably watch Melee videos as there are way more Melee Falcon videos than PM Falcon videos.

Learn how to techchase.

Reach down into your inner Falcon Soul and unleash the God within. You just gotta feel it.

Met

Smash Ace
if you have trouble shooting past someone with air moves trying hitting down right before you jump. cancels your momentum. as for going to high vertically just practice short hops.

Top Bottom