• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone from the UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesefluff

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

I have been playing smash non-competitively since the 64 days, although I have started to play a lot more recently after watching a lot of stuff on youtube. I haven't really met or played with any fellow smashers, but I'm looking to improving my game by joining any smash groups that are in the UK.

If anyone plays a lot of smash or in a group in England, or could direct me to anyone who is that I can get in contact with, I would be very grateful :)

Cheers!

Emolga

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pokefan.Nathan
3DS FC
2681-0562-1751
Yeah I was about to make a similar thread, not sure how much of a scene there is for it here, but hoping with the release of Smash 4 something might happen.

Cheesefluff

Smash Rookie
If anyone is near North West/Manchester then let me know.

I kind of just want to meet and play any sort of smash (not necessarily serious tourneys) which might help me improve since playing AI's all the time can only help me go so far!

Emolga

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pokefan.Nathan
3DS FC
2681-0562-1751
I would try and arrange something, but I need to get an idea of how many people would be interested first. Would maybe make sense to have something casual first and have a meet up of like minded people. Play some games, hang out, have a not too serious competition before we start doing full on tournaments. (I watched that Smash Bros documentary and it's made me want to be part of a community like that so much). I very much want to play competitively in the long run though, but focusing on SSB4.

I have no idea how to search for people who would be interested, if not on here. I'll look into it.

PS. lightdasher, which part do you live in?

Last edited:

^AIR9170

Smash Rookie
Same too. I know I'm not that good (I know wavedashing and a bit of L cancelling) but I know fighting other players with different styles than just downsmash Peach and an aggro Sheik and Falco will get me a lot better.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
There's a facebook group called SmashUK which has a lot of stuff, mostly Melee and Project M.
I'm attempting to get Project M set up myself so I can start getting into comp, but I would be interested for sure.

If there's anyone from Bristol willing to hang out with me for a few games on anything, I'm all for it.

Emolga

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pokefan.Nathan
3DS FC
2681-0562-1751
There's a facebook group called SmashUK which has a lot of stuff, mostly Melee and Project M.
I'm attempting to get Project M set up myself so I can start getting into comp, but I would be interested for sure.

If there's anyone from Bristol willing to hang out with me for a few games on anything, I'm all for it.
Oh great! Thanks for the heads up about SmashUK.

Do you have to have an NTSC gamecube to get Project M working? I really wanna try that out too.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
We have a huge community (1200 on our FB group) and even our own website#
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashUK/?fref=ts
http://www.smashbrosuk.com/

there are usually 3 to 4 monthlies a month in a range of locations incuding London, Southampton, manchester and the East Midlands and a national every 1 or 2 months apart

join https://www.facebook.com/groups/250476985139771/ many players in bristol now,

Hey guys,

I have been playing smash non-competitively since the 64 days, although I have started to play a lot more recently after watching a lot of stuff on youtube. I haven't really met or played with any fellow smashers, but I'm looking to improving my game by joining any smash groups that are in the UK.

If anyone plays a lot of smash or in a group in England, or could direct me to anyone who is that I can get in contact with, I would be very grateful :)

Cheers!
join https://www.facebook.com/groups/213817968820341/?fref=ts this if your from machester a lot of people are playing there also

Myself, my brother and my friend would be interested Emolga.
come and join https://www.facebook.com/groups/630453227015754/?fref=ts theres more players then there have ever been in the midlands but we always need more, there also talks of a tournament in kidderminster later in the year, come hang

Last edited:

SHIP

Smash Apprentice

We actually play project M and melee at weeklies that we hold in Bristol. Theres usually 10 to 15 players around.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/250476985139771/ there is the facebook page for the Bristol smash group.

SHIP

Smash Apprentice
I didn't read the whole thread. I just saw the word Bristol and immediately clicked reply.

Oily

Smash Rookie
Anything/anyone in Leicester? Just moved back after a few years away and feeling the pain of smashlessness

NEMZ

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the links - i just made aa threat RE this and should have looked first! - London player lookin for da smash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom