• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone ever been ganged up in For Glory 4 Player Smash, and managed to still win?

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
Note: If I am beating a dead horse, I apologize. I've searched the forums to see if a similar topic has already been made, and so far, wasn't able to find one. I even google just to make sure.

----

Okay, the kind of gang up I'm talking about is you versus two other people. Or even three. No, not the kind of gang up we see in a taunt party where only the leader fights you and if he/she gets KO'ed, two of his/her other goons take turns hitting you until he/she re-spawns. I'm talking about you being the top player of the jealous bunch winning a couple of rounds, or at least outperforming everyone else making you a threat into achieving first place.

Here's my story.

It was awhile back in the middle of summer break (this summer) and I was playing my main as Link. I hopped into a match where I fought a Kirby and two other players (forgot who they played as), and after two minutes of the round, I came in second place. The winner left. Okay, ready for the next match and after like... 45 seconds within the lobby, no one else entered. So now we're down to three people and again, I played as Link, one guy still picked Kirby, and the third guy, well, forgot who he played as.

So anyway, as I was playing, I was pretty much outperforming two of my opponents and it started out as us fighting one another. But after a few seconds into the round, all of a sudden they turned their attention towards me and focused their smash attacks, strategized, and even made several attempts of keeping me from getting back on the ledge.

Don't get me wrong, the Kirby and that one other dude took turns hitting each other (probably because you could get a ban if you repeatedly attack the same person). But that's just it, they took turns and cause enough damage up to 10% at a time while I was racking up like 70% to over 90%.

I was like "not this s*** again!" because it happened before. The thing is when I encounter something like that it does become nerve-racking because instead of playing for fun and competitively like I've always had, now, at that moment, I was playing to win and to prove myself that I'm not one to be messed with. The entire match I camped hard by the ledge, and the only time I moved if I needed to perform my aerials. Don't remember if I used the most of my projectiles, I mean, using that A button for attacks comes out a lot faster.

I think I only got KO'ed once and as soon as the match ended, I became victorious. I left after that. Don't remember if I taunted. All I cared about at the moment was making it out of there alive.

I have more stories to share, but I want to hear (more like read) your encounters. Oh, by the way, I apologize for the wall of text. I wanted to be as specific as possible.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
No, because I don't deserve to care much for 4-Player FG. Too much lag risk involved. :4sonic:

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
No, because I don't deserve to care much for 4-Player FG. Too much lag risk involved. :4sonic:
I understand. Most peeps I know feel the same way about that and prefer 1 on 1 instead. Heck, I even had my fair share of it. It's why I prefer playing the evening towards night when 95% of the match is lag-free.

K, sorry I got off-topic.

Megane-for-Life

Smash Cadet
NNID
megane-for-life
3DS FC
0533-5491-3147
Not entirely the same but whenever I get tired of the jerks that reside in the FG 1 v 1 lobbies I usually go to play with the jerks who play for fun teams. My for fun character is Jiggles because she's so much fun to mess around with and see how much stuff I can get away with. So I was happily playing teams and getting as many rests as I could and I guess that rubbed EVERYONE the wrong way because all three others just started going after me and whoever was on my team would just SD when the last 5 seconds countdown would pop up. Honestly though, I got a huge kick out of it and even saved a few replays in which I actually would have won if my "teammate" hadn't SD'd at the end.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Note: If I am beating a dead horse, I apologize. I've searched the forums to see if a similar topic has already been made, and so far, wasn't able to find one. I even google just to make sure.

----

Okay, the kind of gang up I'm talking about is you versus two other people. Or even three. No, not the kind of gang up we see in a taunt party where only the leader fights you and if he/she gets KO'ed, two of his/her other goons take turns hitting you until he/she re-spawns. I'm talking about you being the top player of the jealous bunch winning a couple of rounds, or at least outperforming everyone else making you a threat into achieving first place.

Here's my story.

It was awhile back in the middle of summer break (this summer) and I was playing my main as Link. I hopped into a match where I fought a Kirby and two other players (forgot who they played as), and after two minutes of the round, I came in second place. The winner left. Okay, ready for the next match and after like... 45 seconds within the lobby, no one else entered. So now we're down to three people and again, I played as Link, one guy still picked Kirby, and the third guy, well, forgot who he played as.

So anyway, as I was playing, I was pretty much outperforming two of my opponents and it started out as us fighting one another. But after a few seconds into the round, all of a sudden they turned their attention towards me and focused their smash attacks, strategized, and even made several attempts of keeping me from getting back on the ledge.

Don't get me wrong, the Kirby and that one other dude took turns hitting each other (probably because you could get a ban if you repeatedly attack the same person). But that's just it, they took turns and cause enough damage up to 10% at a time while I was racking up like 70% to over 90%.

I was like "not this s*** again!" because it happened before. The thing is when I encounter something like that it does become nerve-racking because instead of playing for fun and competitively like I've always had, now, at that moment, I was playing to win and to prove myself that I'm not one to be messed with. The entire match I camped hard by the ledge, and the only time I moved if I needed to perform my aerials. Don't remember if I used the most of my projectiles, I mean, using that A button for attacks comes out a lot faster.

I think I only got KO'ed once and as soon as the match ended, I became victorious. I left after that. Don't remember if I taunted. All I cared about at the moment was making it out of there alive.

I have more stories to share, but I want to hear (more like read) your encounters. Oh, by the way, I apologize for the wall of text. I wanted to be as specific as possible.
Free 4 All online is a snare trap. Never go into that situation without a wingman buddy that is right next to you, or a friend you are playing with online.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
I had a 3 person match, I was Kirby and the other 2 dudes were Mario and Luigi (both Fire skin) They taunted and then ganged up on me and this was on 3ds online. I still won because lolzy crappy players.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
My problem is when I go on for fun and the people there don't actually wanna fight and I'm taking it semi-seriously and then the rest of them turn on me like a dog. Sadly I'm still working up to the "beat them all" part.

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
My problem is when I go on for fun and the people there don't actually wanna fight and I'm taking it semi-seriously and then the rest of them turn on me like a dog. Sadly I'm still working up to the "beat them all" part.
That happened to me just yesterday! The other 3 players wouldn't fight, and only dogpiled me if I drew first blood. After that, I didn't even try to fight. Don't think it would be fun 3v1 as :4zelda:. Just left the room. My boyfriend also had the same experience, he was trying to fight (and landed some pretty nice Rests despite the lag) and everyone basically ganged on him and taunt partied when he was KOed. Are they talking over miiverse, using the FF room as a "hangout"?

In response to OP, I've never been ganged on in 4 player FG, but I've never stayed in 4P FG long enough to experience it (I've usually gotten such bad lag I just give up and throw Din's Fire around like a n00b)

dav3yb

Smash Journeyman
I had this happen to me on For Fun TONIGHT. The first group all left after i beat them all (i was bouncing around to random characters, then beat them when i hit link). 2nd group i ended up beating by getting a single KO as peach and just running away the whole time at that point, at which point i reported them all and left.

I'd would always report groups like that. why the **** are you just sitting around not fighting in the game? if you want to do that make a lobby for friends.

Top Bottom