• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else seen this guy?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
For about a month and a half, when I play Brawl online late at night I somtimes end up in a battle with this player using Pit. (most of the time) And he's not tough to beat because of his skill. Actually he seems to be worse wtih Pit than other characters he using but because he uses extremely cheap tactis, edge hog, stalls often. and is pretty much a coward when using Pit. Basically he acts like a taunter at first but then attacks someone (usually the character he's facing when the game starts) and after a while starts edge hogging while spamming arrows. If you try to get close to him he either attacks you again or starts gliding under the stage. He also uses his recovery to stall for extra long and to keep you from reaching him. I'm sure it's the same person as i've seen him many times and he never really acts different. He also usually leaves after the match ends if he wins. Has anyone else seen someone that fights like this and/or do you know who he is?

On a side note. It's the way he fights that I get mad at him for, Not because he's a fake taunter. Truth to be told I prefer regular Brawls. While I do like messing around on taunt parties, I'd rather fight. I mostly do so because Taunt matches are so common nowadays. I like to fight but fighting a team of 3... NOT FUN. I don't like to take a chance to see if i'm good enough to beat them all.

PIKA321

Smash Apprentice
I saw a idiot in Team Battle once that was Sonic that was kinda doing the same thing, and he would never fight except when someone would get close to him, he really sucked, and he was ALWAYS on my team and we always lost. :(

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I saw a idiot in Team Battle once that was Sonic that was kinda doing the same thing, and he would never fight except when someone would get close to him, he really sucked, and he was ALWAYS on my team and we always lost. :(
Ouch... If he was using Pit you probobly would've won. Sadly Unless you're VERY good or the other team is bad then you'll usually lose when your teammate dosen't know what he/she's doing. I end up getting paired with bad players all the time when I play online team battles. I try them for a change from the taunt battles but it's almost always worse because of that...:(

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
what color ofpit does he normally use? gold?

if the pit you faced was gold, it sounds like it was admiral pit, a guy who is infamous both in basic brawl now(recently he's started appearing a lot in basic brawl) and apparently everywhere else for quite a long time now, mostly because he tends to deem everything and anything that beats him as "cheap" (he's the only player i've heard of who would label link, samus or some other low tier as "cheap" if he faced one that was just leaps and bounds better than him in reads and the matchup to beat him) and has often had a very short temper, and very high ego of himself, to the point where the pit boards themselves here actually shunned him out of their community due to his attitude.

PIKA321

Smash Apprentice
Ouch... If he was using Pit you probobly would've won. Sadly Unless you're VERY good or the other team is bad then you'll usually lose when your teammate dosen't know what he/she's doing. I end up getting paired with bad players all the time when I play online team battles. I try them for a change from the taunt battles but it's almost always worse because of that...:(
Yeah, it really sucked.

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
Are you guys talking about basic brawl? Well,at least he doesn't spam side-bs.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I see Mr.K is trying to start another conflict with me yet again with his trolling, but I'm gonna try to restrain myself for my benefit.

I am indeed a Gold Pit, I love the ledge and since I often get ganged up on sometimes for attacking someone who attacks me, it's necessary to get into a defensive position, especially against generics (Ex: Zelda Din's spam from the back while the other 2 players go after you, sometimes with items around). And here's how it works. I don't taunt often, and I tend to do my SH N-airs or D-tilt as a taunt instead too. I love defense more than offense, but can be offensive if angry or suspicious of something.among the other players. I'm one of the better Pits around and am better than you think (Well, 1v1 is my specialty and I don't mind challenging you), but I feel belittled because of my temper and stereotypes and w/e, but that isn't the case.
Now, I do tend to leave when I win unless I find something I like, and there aren't many things that I like. Next, I haven't been in the past week or 2 from today, so don't think I'm one of the Pits that may have been on during that time, unless I say I was one of the Gold Pits. Oh, and if there's items around, I do Glidetoss, so keep that in mind.

And if you want cheap, try fighting 2 or 3 players against you who love feeding each other kills to keep you from winning, and god help you if they're Temple-picking addicts. I've been in this situation so many times that it aint funny, especially if it's a Fox or Sonic that's helping someone else feeding another player the kills. Heck, even someone hacking to use Giga Bowser and Wario Man is worse.

And finally, there's a thread for telling Basic Brawl stories here that you should use in advance.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-basic-brawl-friend-finder-its-like-a-diary-of-replays.292157/

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I see Mr.K is trying to start another conflict with me yet again with his trolling, but I'm gonna try to restrain myself for my benefit.

I am indeed a Gold Pit, I love the ledge and since I often get ganged up on sometimes for attacking someone who attacks me, it's necessary to get into a defensive position, especially against generics (Ex: Zelda Din's spam from the back while the other 2 players go after you, sometimes with items around). And here's how it works. I don't taunt often, and I tend to do my SH N-airs or D-tilt as a taunt instead too. I love defense more than offense, but can be offensive if angry or suspicious of something.among the other players. I'm one of the better Pits around and am better than you think (Well, 1v1 is my specialty and I don't mind challenging you), but I feel belittled because of my temper and stereotypes and w/e, but that isn't the case.
Now, I do tend to leave when I win unless I find something I like, and there aren't many things that I like. Next, I haven't been in the past week or 2 from today, so don't think I'm one of the Pits that may have been on during that time, unless I say I was one of the Gold Pits. Oh, and if there's items around, I do Glidetoss, so keep that in mind.

And if you want cheap, try fighting 2 or 3 players against you who love feeding each other kills to keep you from winning, and god help you if they're Temple-picking addicts. I've been in this situation so many times that it aint funny, especially if it's a Fox or Sonic that's helping someone else feeding another player the kills. Heck, even someone hacking to use Giga Bowser and Wario Man is worse.

And finally, there's a thread for telling Basic Brawl stories here that you should use in advance.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-basic-brawl-friend-finder-its-like-a-diary-of-replays.292157/
I can fully understand this, as I've dealt with all of the same problems in online battles.

The kill feeding thing isn't even a real tatic or strategy, it's just a cheap excuse for taunters to troll people who actually want to play the game in the manner it was made for.(or in some cases taunters who do something others don't like)

I may have joined the Smashboards just a few months ago, but I've been playing online for over 3 years, and I've encounted hackers, trolls, and people who pick Hyrule Temple over and over, and dare I bring up how many times I have lost due to the insane amount of items taunters love to turn on and spawn constantly, heck even normal players do that often, I never turn on items online.

Lastly, I agree that you need to get into the defensive position when getting ganged up on, and now that I recall, I don't really remeber ever seeing a Gold Pit use the under the stage gliding tatic in a regular brawl, just in taunt battles. Prior to ever entountering you however, I did see A dark Pit use that tatic in on a 1v1 battle, against me at one point.

So I apologize if I called you cheap, I now think it's good idea for taunt battles, since many seem to prefer trolling and using cheap tatics to keep their party going and to make the fighter angry, the best thing to do is fight fire with fire. If they use cheap tatics, use cheaper ones on them.

And one day I might challenge you for a 1v1, but not yet. I'm not gonna argue with you, I've seen Gold Pits with great skill before, I can assume it's usually you. I plan on working on my skill a bit with a lot of my mains and other characters, in hopes of becoming a truly skilled player.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Just making sure... I don't want to be mistaken for no faker or impersonator.

Top Bottom