• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else like to...

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
lock the opponent in spin attacks?

what i do to spin attack lock the opponent is... just combine perfect timing with shielded upB's, tech chasing, and just spamming the spin attack. sure people might think spamming is cheap but i do this to frustrate the opponent.

i do not always do this. only when the opponent sees through my style and i know it's time to change the way i play.

Chip.

you know what to do
Spin attack isn't a great move :p. It's not his worse move but not nearly his best. I figure that you could possibly get one good tech chase with this after they tech due to the spin attack's range, but that's it.

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
i know it isnt a good move to constantly use.

but it plays a good frustration game....especially with the "yahh!" yell

Chip.

you know what to do
Really? I figure it more of a "Shraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!" kina' sound.

It is frustrating but would only work as a very effective tech chase if it were on a FF at low-moderate percents. Since the spin attack sends enemies up ^ then they could normally just jump out after the initial attack.

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
well, if the opponent is on flat ground, theyll most likely attack you after they do their initial jump. just shield - upB. and YAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! them up. really.....just keep finding ways of trapping them in frustration.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Young Link's spin attack is not that hard to avoid/block. >_<

Giggidax

Smash Ace
Ylink's spin attack is easily DI'd. i also use this to switch up my randominity (i made this word up). and also my friends will usually DI the first hit and get launched away from me so i just throw projectiles.

wat i have noticed tho is if u DI up, and ur able to jump out. u can jus come in with a dair or nair or something. my friends rarely do this. but i see this opening everytime i attempt the spinattack.

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
DI-ing will of course get the opponent out. but im sure you can keep doing this until they figure out a way out of it.

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
I toss it in occaisionally against roll-spammers, because when it's not DIed, I can usually follow with uair or something.

Top Bottom