• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else hope Nintendo adds Gamecube adapter support to the vWii?

Greenunjah

Smash Rookie
I want to use my Gamecube adapter with Project M,but all I have to play it on is a Wii U and it has no adapter support outside of Sm4sh.E3 is around the corner,so who knows what support Nintendo might add?

Narpas_sword

i highly doubt nintendo will add support to play project M.

They didn't even add mk8 support in the last few patches.
buy a 2nd hand wii. you can get them super cheap.

Greenunjah

Smash Rookie
Yeah,but if they add Gamecube adapter support for the vWii that works with Brawl,then it could be used with Project M.

I'm still going to wait and see because I don't want to spend money on a system I already had before and gave away and it wouldn't be smart to have the adapter only support one game.

Greenunjah

Smash Rookie
Because it would be unwise to have people buy an adapter that adds support for a certain type of controller and have it only work with one game.That's like if Microsoft released an Xbox controller adapter that only allows you to play Halo with your old controllers.It would be a waste of money to spend money just to use a controller with one game.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
People don't buy the adapters for Wiis though. Usually people who want Gamecube controller support buy Wiis with GCN controller support. Nintendo isn't going to update a system that's going on 9 years old and has a successor that's 2.5 years old.

Wishful thinking but... that's all that is, sorry. Not gonna happen.

Greenunjah

Smash Rookie
But it would still be stupid to make people buy an adapter that only works with one game.Basically what I'm saying is that Nintendo needs to make the adapter really be worth it.The Wii had GCN controller support,so I don't see why they can't add it to the vWii so people could play both their old Wii games and new Wii U games with it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It was done so people didn't have to learn a new controller and have an easy wired connection on the most popular controller.

That is why.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
99% of people using this feature would just be using it for PM, which Nintendo doesn't want to support. I mean, try to even think of another Wii game with Gamecube support that people still play, let alone one Nintendo would consider worth promoting over their newer Wii U entries.

Top Bottom