• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else deal with input lag?

Have you ever experienced input lag when playing online?

• Total voters

McDeathstrider

Smash Cadet
NNID
McDeathstrider
3DS FC
4700-0028-0617
Ok, so,I've been playing online a TON lately and I've noticed a lot of input lag. I feel it more on the 3DS than I do the WII U version. It's pretty bad too, it's usually about half-second to a full-second. I don't know why it happens, my n3DS has nothing wrong with it, same with my Wiimote and Classic Controller. I'm assuming it's just my router. Anyone else have to deal with input lag before?

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Input lag online is the primary reason why I mostly play the offline solo modes. I have zero tolerance for input lag in any game, and will never play For Fun / For Glory until Nintendo gives us regional settings, as they did with Mario Kart 8. International matches are a huge contributor to the problem.

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
Input lag is a pain,having the game winning stock robbed because of your smash attack coming out a second later is just meh...whatever.

Getting paired up with someone across the world doesn't help either.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
There's always going to be slight input lag due to it being online but if you ask me it's a massive improvement from brawl's online mode...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Pretty much what Twilightlink said. Plus it's the main reason why I mostly play Smash offline.

Top Bottom