• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anybody having the same issues with Wolf?

smashisfun

Smash Cadet
To start off, I am not a spamming wanna-be, this is just something that I have been struggling with Wolf. First off is the approaches, you have the sh forward air to down smash or uptitl. Due to online delay and lag, I often find myself creating a landing lag with Wolf's forward air causing me to get punished (not all the time). Fine fair enough. Next is the Wolf wall, mainly seen in Germ's tourny videos. I try the Wolf wall alot, but I find it that often many players will spam a projectile to stop it or rush under me and punish or shield (grab) punish me. Irritating indeed. So, now what am I left with? Approaching with the reflector to down smash? Sheild grab or spot dodge and punish. I suppose that my point here is Wolf seems to lack priority and can be severly punished so in combination of this, and the online delay/lag, I find myself sometimes relying on lasers and smashes to get the job done. I try to shy away from this though because it: a) become predictable b) loses effectiveness and c) I want to improve my play style, not rely on the same method over and over again. So I am asking for suggestions...what does the Wolf community do when say Olimar or a Luigi out prioritizes the little combos Wolf can pull off? I have come to realize, although this is completely just an opinion, that Brawl is more of punish or be punished type of ordeal whereas Melee you could implement so many more options. So again any comments? suggestions?

§witch

Smash Lord
If you're doing an approach you're better off withg sh fair. If they're above/behing you a double bair should be great. You have to roll with it, not have a plan on what you're going to do.

zzz99

Smash Apprentice
something about the low priority: wolf's lasers have pretty high priority, stopping even meta knight's mock tornado, but since it doesn't do much by itself, try following it up with a fsmash or other attack
that's worked pretty well for me

smashisfun

Smash Cadet
Ya I suppose you are right letterbomb, but can you see where I am coming from at the same time? You win the match sure, but did you really do anything spectacular except the typical lasers and smashes? I will keep trying the double bair and sh fair. Btw (this is directed to either of you), how do you effectively implement wolf's reflector? I find it that I get punished if I use it offensively...

smashisfun

Smash Cadet
In fact, letterbomb is there any chance I can get your FC or maybe AIM? I would love to play a Wolf vs Wolf match...just to see where I stand and what I can improve on. I would GREATLY appreciate it if you can lend me some of your time.

§witch

Smash Lord
In fact, letterbomb is there any chance I can get your FC or maybe AIM? I would love to play a Wolf vs Wolf match...just to see where I stand and what I can improve on. I would GREATLY appreciate it if you can lend me some of your time.
Sure, that's no problem at all it should be fun. My fc is under my avatar and my aim is: letterbomb1905

smashisfun

Smash Cadet
Hey letter mind getting online? I just added your FC so you can add mine. Get on AIM if you get the chance bud.

zzz99

Smash Apprentice
Btw (this is directed to either of you), how do you effectively implement wolf's reflector? I find it that I get punished if I use it offensively...
i'm not that good at using wolf's reflector offensively, but there's an earlier thread you can check out that explains all the uses of his reflector: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=163149
and i'll be happy to take you on sometime too if you want

Top Bottom