• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any tips for a beginning Wolf?

NightSeven

Smash Rookie
Wolf is my favorite game character, and I played as Falco in Melee. I just unlocked him, and played for a bit against my brother's Metaknight, and I like Wolf more than the other two characters I play as, Ike and Falco.

Is there anything special I should know to play as him well? I read the guide to him, I was wondering if there was anything else.

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Run to one side, wait the opponent to follow, and then fsmash them to oblivion.

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
Use the blaster to keep people at bay who have range on you, such as Marth, ESPECIALLY Marth. Then remember that when you're close enough the blaster comes out fast and the bayonet on the end hits the opponent back and they also get hit with the actual shot.

In general just learn how Wolf's moves work. I like to short hop Nair into a AAA combo or Ftilt and it works the majority of the time or enough for an opponent to roll backward for me to pursue or behind me for me to Down Smash.

Wolf is a great character, all you have to do is develop a strategy out of his moves.

WKx7x

Smash Cadet
Make up some complex combos. If you manage to pull one off early, it'll be something like your opponent - 70% and you - 0%, which is always a good thing.

Roscoewolf

Smash Cadet
If you launch your opponent up for a twinkly-star KO, howl. It just feels right.
haha yes the howl is always good
I guess its good to remember his range for his Fsmash as well as he has some pretty effective air juggling, his recovery is also decent with some pretty strong air attacks , so dont be afraid to chase the opponent off the edge ^_^

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
SHNair leads to alot of things. Make up your own set of things you can do out of it

Try not to dair unless you plan to l-cancel it by touching the ground. In the air, this move has ridiculous post-lag.

for max efficiency, try to save your bair and dsmash until you are ready to actually kill them. Its much eaiser to save the dmash than the bair, so its understandable if you use the bair. but still, try your best to save

like im sure many have already said, blaster is indeed your friend.

and speaking of bair, i implore you to please practice the RAR if you cant already do it everytime. You should use/do this with about all characters, but its especially crucial with wolf

Top Bottom