• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any thoughts on the Ike vs Icy matchup?

Nasu

Smash Rookie
Ike does have a range advantace over the Ice Climbers' hammer. The Ice Climbers do have a range attack and they are much faster in many aspects. In this matchup it is much better to play conservitive. Ike and Marth are just beasts but they are lacking in some areas. Keep playing and I'm sure you will find a style that can work. I find the fox to be harder because of the speed and range advantage.

Lightning Ice

Smash Journeyman
I think the Ice climbers have the advantage actually because Ice blocks destroy Ike's recovery and he is really easy to grab. I know, a friend of mine is an Ike main.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I agree with Lightning and Nasu, if you watch carefully for signs of attacks you can beat an Ike with minimal damage. Since ike is so slow just play it out and wait for the right moments.

ibeplu

Smash Rookie
use short hop blizzard, it stops ike from doing anything. ice climbers have the advantage

Som

Smash Cadet
With Ike, you want to avoid getting pinned on the edge at all cost. All it takes is a one charged forward smash and you lose Nana and or Popo. Keep your distance always have an icecube out to prevent him from closing the gap with his forward special. Stay out of the air as his AA ***** your air. Also avoid rolling behind him, when he is attacking as his attacks are active for long an have hitboxes behind him as well. You can gimp his recovery but be careful not to get pinned yourself. His rapid A combo comes out fast and hits hard expect to see it allot against your ICy's and space appropriately. He is mostly single strike, try to predict and learn his attack range in order for easy- parry;/chain grab set-ups.

good luck, it seems that Ike is easer to play against the more you familiarize yourself with his hitboxes.

Top Bottom