• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Rosalina tips out there?

3DS FC
1461-6204-9501
Hi I'm new to this site! I have playing with Lucina but want to make Rosalina my top main. Anyone played with her enough to give me some good tips?

Chappy

Smash Cadet
Welcome to the boards! Go to the 3DS Character Discussion section and find the Rosalina sub-forum. There should be plenty of helpful information there that should help you.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I moved the thread to its proper location. Anyway, there are many threads at the Rosalina & Luma forum that you can refer to if you want to use her.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
First tip I can give is practice spacing your nair. Dtilt after to punish shield grabs, or whatever. You gotta be flexible with the nair. You can approach with it, you can move backwards with it, or you can stay still in the air. Know where your opponent is moving and aim the end of the attack there so you have enough room to not get punished after.

Second, practice your recovery a bunch if you mess it up. Try as many weird angles as you can think of, learn the different ways up B works, it can go straight up, up and over, or nearly horizontal, and you can B-Reverse it.

Third, Forward smash is pretty safe on shield if you have Luma and you space it well. Learn it's range, and just use it when your opponent doesn't have many options, like when he's backed into a corner. It kills early and it has good priority. It's still laggy, don't overuse it when someone's in your face, it wont work hardly ever. F-tilt or D-tilt to get people out of your face.

Finally, practice uair strings. Watch your opponent, learn their airdodge patterns, most people do the same thing over and over. If you whiff your uair and they airdodge into you, do a dair if they're in front/below you, but only if you have Luma. Uthrow into utilt into uair is a good early combo, later on you can do uthrow to uair. Uair is less effective when you don't have Luma, so stick to utilts and the occasional surprise uair. Use Luma in your uairs as a buffer between you and your enemy in case you misplace your uair, Luma will save your butt over and over. Fast fallers can also be combo'd from uthrow into jab attack, which may be better than utilt, depending on how you feel.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Welcome, I see you are a Rosalina fan.
So how did you feel when Rosalina was confirmed in Smash Bros last year? Were you expected her being confirmed?
I always believe she will be in Smash Bros ever since everybody was talking about Bowser jr., Daisy, and Waluigi.
Anyway, if you want to discuss any tactics about Rosalina, or just want to share some thoughts about her, feel free to leave post in the Rosalina general discussion thread!(Don't get surprised that the thread is over 100 page already, Rosalina is really a hot character to discuss since she is pretty, mysterious, and fan favorite. Even a Mario pro like me often post in that thread, so come and chat!)

Top Bottom