• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Melee spacie mains?

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Which spacie do you play? Does playing Wolf mess with your melee tech? If so, is it more or less so than playing your Melee character in PM?

I'm debating going Full Wolf in PM, but not sure if it's a good idea, as his jumpsquat is only 1 frame away from Falco's, and he seems to require an awful lot of dedication to master Wolf-specific combos and tech - inconvenient while i'm practicing primarily Melee in preparation for Canada Cup.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I'm a Melee Fox main.
The two play, move, and combo differently enough for me to be able to switch between the two with just a little bit of adjustments between games.
Playing wolf in PM hurts my fox less than playing fox in PM, because I when I play Fox in PM the 3 frame window for short hop instead of 2 frames from melee ruins my consistancy when I go back to melee.
Wolf also has the same jumpsquat as marth who was my old main and who I learned all the techs on, so his movement is pretty 2nd nature to me.

The only real demanding wolf-specific combos are reacting to DI on shine, learning how to keep juggles up so that you punish well, what combos into side-b (Uair is the best option for this btw), and the timing on side-b shortens. Otherwise he just does spacie things and spacie combos and spacie tech chases.

Jackson

Smash Lord
If I play Falco in Melee, and I pick up Wolf, would it mess up my Falco? I'm REALLY into melee and not playing PM right now so I dont know if its worth it.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Don't play Wolf if you're not prepared to dedicate a ton of time to practicing him specifically. He's got a really rough time investment/payoff curve.

Jackson

Smash Lord
Don't play Wolf if you're not prepared to dedicate a ton of time to practicing him specifically. He's got a really rough time investment/payoff curve.
Good point. Picking up Falco and getting into Melee was a struggle (still sort of is), really fun now though.

I should probably just stick with Falco in melee right now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom