• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Jiggs also enjoy playing Falcon as a secondary?

Celerity668

Smash Rookie
Even though they're polar opposite characters, they feel very similar to me when I play them, not sure why. I usually go for the "lame" grab into tech-chase and making the knee read onto a tech option is soooooo satisfying.

Crossie

Smash Apprentice
I think everyone enjoys playing Falcon. It's too fun to run around and laugh at your friends when your fraudulent Falcon pulls combos out of nowhere. I would never go Falcon in tournament, but in friendlies I might try him for a game or two before remembering how bad my Falcon is. As for similarities, I don't see many besides that they both have good bair spam and they can both turn games around really quickly.

Last edited:

Low5_

Smash Apprentice
I don't think the characters are polar opposite at all at their roots. Falcon and Puff are all about their extremely devastating punish game and hard reads. Most of falcons kills are off reads or mistakes, and so are puffs. I also enjoy playing falcon alongside my puff for those reasons exactly. Occasionally it's nice to run more than 2 miles per hour ;)

mirror_eclipse

Smash Rookie
Falcon's always been a fun character to play for me; I find that after playing Marth though, it's hard to switch from floaty/semi-floaty characters. :)

Crossie

Smash Apprentice
I don't think the characters are polar opposite at all at their roots. Falcon and Puff are all about their extremely devastating punish game and hard reads. Most of falcons kills are off reads or mistakes, and so are puffs. I also enjoy playing falcon alongside my puff for those reasons exactly. Occasionally it's nice to run more than 2 miles per hour ;)
I think that's true for every character besides Fox, Falco, Marth, and Sheik. Most characters rely on reads and/or capitalizing on mistakes. You could say Ganon is about reads and hard punishes, but I don't think many people would compare Ganon and Puff.

Low5_

Smash Apprentice
I think that's true for every character besides Fox, Falco, Marth, and Sheik. Most characters rely on reads and/or capitalizing on mistakes. You could say Ganon is about reads and hard punishes, but I don't think many people would compare Ganon and Puff.
Something about the knee.. Feels like a watered down rest.. Moreso than the average characters "hard punish" save luigi's Up-B

Low5_

Smash Apprentice
I guess both characters make me feel like a shark. With ganon he's a bit slow for that type of feel when he's not on yoshis. Puff has her speed in the air and Falcon has his speed well.. Everywhere.. I like making my opponent feel as if they can't escape, and personally I find that easiest with Falcon and Puff

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Nah, I just dual main Puff and Bowser.
My Bowser isn't that good yet but it's similar to Puff in that reads and punishes are important, so it isn't as hard to switch between the two as you might think.
I used to play Falcon against Peach though, I always found Puff Peach too slow, but I got over it.

Last edited:

Massive

Smash Champion
I have a lot of secondaries, but Falcon isn't one of them.

I do play Falco, Marth, Sheik, Samus, Ness, Game & Watch, Kirby, Bowser, and Doctor Mario at about equal levels of ability though.

Crossie

Smash Apprentice
I have a lot of secondaries, but Falcon isn't one of them.

I do play Falco, Marth, Sheik, Samus, Ness, Game & Watch, Kirby, Bowser, and Doctor Mario at about equal levels of ability though.
Is your Kirby really as good as your Falco?

Spills

Smash Rookie
NNID
Anugunrama
I started out "maining" Falcon but after randomly picking Jiggs in friendlies I found myself playing her instead. I still want to work on my Falcon but being very new Jiggs seems like a better option for me right now. Not only is see fun to play but likes someone mentioned above her and Falcon aren't so different at their core.

Jank++

Smash Cadet
I'm learning the sheik, the "better version of falcon". ;) I love shield dropping her aerials and her amazing ledge stall. I'm not very good at tech chasing but that's because I really haven't put in the work to practice it yet. I figure she'll be a good secondary to have for annoying matchups like luigi and ****.

Last edited:

SCf3

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3110-5541-3784
I'm actually the complete opposite, I tried out Falcon and I really don't like playing him. Probably cuz him and Jiggs are polar opposites like you said lol. But I will say, I really enjoy going against Falcon against Jiggs. I don't know why, but it can be pretty fun sometimes.

I've been trying out Marth though if that counts for anything.

The Young Izzy Iz

Smash Apprentice
I started out Marth then migrated to Puff then back to Marth then picked up Fox for the Marth / Fox dual main. I still love playing Jiggs and I can get a few solid combos off + WoP but I wouldn't bet on my Puff vs my Marth / Fox. Still an awesome character though!

flmo

Smash Rookie
After watching Mango and messing around with the two, I've found there are a few things that transfer over. Falcon and Jiggs both have really tricky aerial movement and are both really good at punishing you with strong aerials and getting you off stage or getting a combo out of nowhere and ending it with a hardhitting move. That's probably where the similarities end though, but I still wouldn't call them "polar opposite," depending on what criteria you're using.

But like Crossie said, everyone enjoys playing falcon

Squelchyman

Smash Cadet
I don't play a lot of falcon unless I'm playing friendlies but I've always though, if I wasn't maining puff, I'd main falcon. I love how you can get combos out of nowhere and my favourite move of his it definitely his fair. The knee is just so satisfying to hit.

Top Bottom