• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any interest in a Melee/Brawl tournament in Iceland this summer?

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
I´ve been thinking about this lately and i just wanted to get people´s opinion on this.

But first...some pictures of Iceland... =)

Would you be interested in showing up on a big Icelandic tourney this summer? I am talking about June-July. If enough people are interested we will find an appropriate date and such and make this tourney as fun as possible. We Icelanders are still unexperienced when it comes to tourney hosting but we will try our best :)

Please note that flight to Iceland may be expensive and check www.icelandair.net for prices before you decide whether you are interested or not, just to be sure.

In hope that as many as possible show interest and come visit Iceland this summer! =)

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
Sounds interesting =). As long as it's not after the 10 th of July I might be interested. Iceland sounds like a nice place to go to before I go back to my country =)

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
I'd like to go... but I gotta save any remaining money I have for one finnish tourney and then ros5 this summer. ;_;
ros5? XD

You seriously believe that is gonna happen? o_0

Anyway, iceland looks like a beautiful country, if i go there i want to stay at least a week.

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
Thanks guys
If some of you are going here on a vacation and you are staying a week or two, I would like you to tell me when you are thinking of going. Any good dates that you guys have in mind?

Also Helios, I would like you to tell me when you are thinking of having RoS5 so our tourney´s wont conflict.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Well it IS expensive...
If I somehow manage to be able to afford it by then, I will definitely do my best to show up but I can't promise as of now.
Somewhere end of June, beginning of July would be nice.

Not 25-26-27th July of course, because then is Smash Dreamland :p

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Sounds perfect!
Then at least the date is no trouble for me, but my finances probably will be...

Like I said, if I somehow manage to save enough money, I'll attend, but chances are slim as of now.

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
so...is anyone actually considering coming to this?

the date will probably be 27th-29th June.

Anyone who is considering coming to this, add me on MSN (asgaur@visir.is) and I will give you more information soon.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Ok so I know I'm bumping a 2-year old thread but I'm not really sure how else to get info without making a new thread entirely.

I will be in Iceland from June 8th until July 23rd and was wondering if there is any smash scene there whatsoever.For most of the trip I'll be traveling constantly (and definitely unable to play), but for around 3 weeks in late June / early July I'll be living in Akureyri. Is there any scene in that city? Please let me know, and again, I am terribly sorry for bumping such an old thread.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Hahaha i just clicked on that Iceland is where the Volcano Erupted xD

Thats was a funny post for once Willz xDD, not lame.

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
From what I know - There is a small scene in Reykjavik, which is mostly driven by a guy named Stormblast. You go ask him. (threadmaker anyway) If I remember right, his friend, a smasher, moved to Akureyri. You'll find Stormblast's msn adress on his profile. (if you haven't allready)

And don't nagg on the volcano, it gave me a free ekstra 4-day vacation around Europe! :D

Nintendude

Smash Hero
From what I know - There is a small scene in Reykjavik, which is mostly driven by a guy named Stormblast. You go ask him. (threadmaker anyway) If I remember right, his friend, a smasher, moved to Akureyri. You'll find Stormblast's msn adress on his profile. (if you haven't allready)

And don't nagg on the volcano, it gave me a free ekstra 4-day vacation around Europe! :D
Thanks for the info. I'll try Stormblast on msn.

Top Bottom