• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any guides for Jiggs?

Snover

Smash Rookie
I really want to use Jiggs as a sub main for PM and perhaps a main for Melee. If there are no guides please tell me what I need up front, I would appreciate it.

Arctic

Smash Cadet
Personally I got everything i know about Jiggs from watching hungry box. The best tip I could give you is to stay in the air and use her inappropriate amount of jumps to your advantage. Best move she has is bair; great range and solid power.

Another thing, learn how to be really patient, you need to learn how be very precise. She can die at crazy low percentages, so get an aerial in and combo, or get out.

Another thing, learn how to use that rest (dow b) effectively; on most characters, a non DI'd downthrow will give you a perfect opportunity for one jump and a rest. Try and predict rolls or even just wait for the person to reset. Try and uptilt into rest combo, even try an upthrown into a rest on spaceys, but these can all be DI'd so don't just frivolously rest, good players will punish you heavily if you miss the rest.

Most of all go analyze some hungrybox, he plays PM along with melee now and the majority of jigglypuff is unchanged, she does have three benefits to her in project m, check smash wiki if youre curious. but anyways, watch melee or pm it doesn't really matter.

Some food for thought, try not to pound (side b) frivolously, it should really only be used for recovery.

Go Deep with Jiggs Snover, hope this helps!

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Personally I got everything i know about Jiggs from watching hungry box. The best tip I could give you is to stay in the air and use her inappropriate amount of jumps to your advantage. Best move she has is bair; great range and solid power.

Another thing, learn how to be really patient, you need to learn how be very precise. She can die at crazy low percentages, so get an aerial in and combo, or get out.

Another thing, learn how to use that rest (dow b) effectively; on most characters, a non DI'd downthrow will give you a perfect opportunity for one jump and a rest. Try and predict rolls or even just wait for the person to reset. Try and uptilt into rest combo, even try an upthrown into a rest on spaceys, but these can all be DI'd so don't just frivolously rest, good players will punish you heavily if you miss the rest.

Most of all go analyze some hungrybox, he plays PM along with melee now and the majority of jigglypuff is unchanged, she does have three benefits to her in project m, check smash wiki if youre curious. but anyways, watch melee or pm it doesn't really matter.

Some food for thought, try not to pound (side b) frivolously, it should really only be used for recovery.

Go Deep with Jiggs Snover, hope this helps!
Funny thing is that Hungrybox is how I got interested in Jiggs too.

Arctic

Smash Cadet
Funny thing is that Hungrybox is how I got interested in Jiggs too.
http://youtu.be/xG62d05lI6s

If you watch this video you will dedicate yourself to Jigglypuff. What makes him so good with puff is that he has a fantastic mental game, very spaced out. In the video you'll notice that he constantly wave dashes into shield to get around so any moment ike makes a mistake he can capitalize with practically anything he wants.

KingDozie

Smash Journeyman
I really want to use Jiggs as a sub main for PM and perhaps a main for Melee. If there are no guides please tell me what I need up front, I would appreciate it.
You really have to make up your own style playing as jiggz even if hes a bland charc. Yay you can watch Hbox play but just do your own thing and also theirs more to jiggz then just Bair (Hbox even said so)

Snover

Smash Rookie
Thank you guys! Also I too was inspired by HBOX. hopefully I might get to meet him someday!

Last edited:

Arctic

Smash Cadet
Any Grand Finals match with Hbox's Jiggs makes me smile, and should make you want to dedicate yourself to Jiggly.
He's just so creative, he took a laughable character to the point where people considered him to be ruining the game. He's just too good with jiggs.

Arctic

Smash Cadet
Well spacing is key with Jigglypuff and HBox, just by watching his matches (mostly against marth), you will start to see how to space with Jigglypuff. I say Marth because in order to play against marth you must be able to space around his sword. So in a way, all Jigglypuff comments end up going back to Hungrybox because he is easily the best established jiggly main. Fox, Falco, Marth, and many others have many people dedicated and very well respected. Hungrybox is the only one to be fully respected and very successful with Jigglypuff.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
If you want to play Jiggs, play melee. She is barely a character in this game.

Top Bottom