• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any good ways to practice uair combos?

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
Are there any senarios I can set up in training mode to practice uair combos like uair - uair or uair - knee or anything that involves uair would be nice.

audreyh

Smash Ace
try up throwing static or lvl1 cpu marth at ~40% or ganon at ~50% somethin like that

uair uair uair knee

Sighrax

Smash Lord
yeah just set to unlimited time and practice juggling with uair. i first started by uairing really close to the ground and now i can just do it almost any time. :O

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
yea I just needed a good starting point. I just started practicing linking nairs together and finally got a good situation with ganondorf at 45% uthrow and I can link 3 together. I tried uair just normally but for me I have trouble catching up for a second uair they seem to go more horizontal than in the videos I watch of Falcon matches =/

g-regulate

Smash Hero
You really can't juggle FFers with nairs or uairs. They... Fall... Too... Fast? :laugh:
lots of space animals will expect knees if you do them often (like yours truly), so they will DI up by reaction. at higher %'s, nair and uair will combo IF they are DIing up. otherwise, they fall too fast. i personally just like doing knees tho on space animals. uair ***** pretty much everyone else tho. great combo tool.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
=/ I guess still have to rely on grabs for fast fallers then.

Just got used to falcons combo ability recently after using him for about a month off and on so I kinda want to be a little more profficient before I go to gigabits this sunday and get pummeled there x.x

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
lots of space animals will expect knees if you do them often (like yours truly), so they will DI up by reaction. at higher %'s, nair and uair will combo IF they are DIing up. otherwise, they fall too fast. i personally just like doing knees tho on space animals. uair ***** pretty much everyone else tho. great combo tool.
Really? I've actually had horrible experiences with Uairs against FFers except for maybe ****** them on platforms or something. What percentage do you mean by "higher"? Or maybe I just face people who don't DI up at the wrong times? That's a cool mindgame though, but I have a lot of trouble landing knees out of just jumps. Seem to always miss. :(

Maybe I need some of those G-reg mindgames everyone is talking about.

Art?

Smash Journeyman
you can try practicing your up-air combos on lvl. 8 (9 if you love getting power-shielded) CPUs since, imo, their DI is the most accurate in relation to a human's DI.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
uhhh I play them all the time I don't think their DI is accurate to humans maybe its just me but their DI invites punishment on a red carpet. Like when I do dthrows they seem to use no DI or ding towards me so I can chain them across FD, not to mention they DI so you can do the darkrain combo 100% of the time.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I say theres no substitute for human DI as far as the cpu goes, just practice against relatively good players that know how to DI in ways to make it difficult for you to make contact with your next attack.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
i wouldn't know how to practice it, but there's a vid on google called "The advanced how to play video" that shows this sweet combo he can do.

Top Bottom