• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any good supportive characters?

WalrusBiscuit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalrusBiscuit
Right now I use Lucas for doubles. But I was wondering if there are any other supportive characters to use in doubles?

ChaikaBestGirl

Smash Journeyman
NNID
digdugfury
I dont think there is a character that can really be used as a support. All you can really do is look for characters that work with yours. I guess some gimmick based characters could be, like Pac Man using the hydrant to push an ally, otherwise i dont think there are any

Sodo

Smash Journeyman
It depends on if customs are on and who your partner plays.

If you want a gimmick...

3xxx Palutena and Ness/Lucas/xxx3 Mii Gunner have a powerful gimmick where Palutena attacks with HL while the partner uses their absorption move.
Similar things can be done with Villager and Ness/Lucas through use of Pocket and PK Thunder.
G&W/Villager with any partner who has a powerful projectile make Oil Panic/Pocket a fear inducing tool (Vanish Bucket, MLG Ball, etc.)
Villager/Villager can perform the infamous rainforest/jungle technique by pocketing each others' trees.
Jigglypuff has always naturally been good in doubles with surprise/grab Rests and edgeguarding abilities to clean up.
Mario can FLUDD Rob's Uthrow off stage to get an instant kill.
Kirby can Inhale Shulk and become one of the best characters in the game by using his Monado Arts. Kirby with any partner who has a good Copy ability is useful, really.

Obviously there's a lot to list and I'm not even going to get into it.

If you want to avoid gimmicks, check out teams with really good synergy like Ryo and Sol, my favorite doubles team in Smash 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2VWSat9K_Y

Top Bottom