• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Good Knee Setups?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Fast fall Uair to knee, it has a wider range of percentages to be a true combo, and even when it's not, Uair has so little Landing Lag that it makes for great set ups if they try to air dodge.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
What Weeman said, and short hop fast falled Uair > Jump > Uair > second jump > Knee is a true 3 hit combo at around 40% - 60% depending on the character.

Another true combo to knee is Dair > jump > knee at around 70% (Don't remember the exact percents at the moment, it's also different depending on character) so that is quite useful.

Or you can simply down throw to knee like you said but it's kind of hard to connect many times.

I Think that's the 3 most useful Knee setups we have if i haven't forgotten any!

Last edited:

KACHOW!!!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
T.M.Paunch
3DS FC
2122-6416-3741
Tackle, Uair, Uair is the bread and butter combo, mostly because cfal is so fast, so most of his stragies are based in using his speed to trick your opponent with an approach. Also, when they're around 70%, and your back is to the edge, down tilt to shoot them back, follow up with tackle. I think his tackle is the best set up he has, because you can alternatively grab, upsmash, or fake them out.

Top Bottom