• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any further advice for Ike?

Strider755

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ike755
3DS FC
1220-7045-0584
I recently picked up Ike again, and it paid big dividends in a tournament last night with a clutch win in round 3 of the match. As a result, I am officially adding Ike as an alt.

Now, i just need to learn more about his advanced techniques, matchups, etc. Where should I begin, and is Ike viable in the long run, or just something to keep up my sleeve as a surprise?

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
Spacing is key. Use our big range for throw out safer move. Use a lot of pivots grab/tilt for positioning yourself. Your Dthrow combo very well into Bair/Nair/Fair and even Uair depending on your opponent percentage and DI. Dtilt is a great combo starter too. Reatriting Aerials and RAR Bair are very useful, use them to space better. Your main kill options should be Bair/Fair/Utilt and Ftilt/sometimes Uair. Use smashes only for hard reads since they have a lot of cooldown. Quick Draw can cover ground pretty fast, and it autocancels. Eruption is godlike for Edgeguarding if you time it correctly. Don't be predictable and remember to always space yourself.
Ike doesn't really have any AT for what I know. Not anything really useful at least.

Strider755

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ike755
3DS FC
1220-7045-0584
OK; I might need another Ike player with a 3DS to help me learn; I may already know some of those techniques without knowing what they're called. Anyone interested?

By the way, I got a lot of help from SHFF attacks in that round, and it's probably why I won.

Aquasition

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1091-8948-2851
OK; I might need another Ike player with a 3DS to help me learn; I may already know some of those techniques without knowing what they're called. Anyone interested?

By the way, I got a lot of help from SHFF attacks in that round, and it's probably why I won.
Other Ike player with a 3DS? Well, I can help :]

If you want to chat with me in real time, meet me here: Pokemon Showdown's Smash Bros Room. I'm under the alias "Aqua's Swirlix"

Last edited:

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
Fast Falls with n-air are a good way to keep speedy characters off of you. It can work with some of his other aerials but that is more situational. Using b-air and f-air at the start of a short hop will allow you to attack fast and hit the ground without lag, so they can be a great way to either keep pressure up or get breathing space depending on what direction you are jumping. Hit up the Match-up thread for some advice on specific characters, and the video thread to see some examples of what other Ike's are doing (both good and bad. You learn from both).

Top Bottom