• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any fans of theatre out there?

D

Deleted member

I take Theatre I at my High School, but other than that, I've never really been interested in plays or anything of the sort.

nessokman

Smash Lord
And that's theatre with an "re".
If so, what are you favorite plays?
What are your favorite musicals and show tunes?
I'm a theatre kid at my highschool. I am also registered as a Thespian.

I've been in shows ranging from Les Miserables, to Beauty And The Beast, to Mulan.

My favorite shows ever are Sweeney Todd and Phanton of The Opera.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
I'm a theatre kid at my highschool. I am also registered as a Thespian.

I've been in shows ranging from Les Miserables, to Beauty And The Beast, to Mulan.

My favorite shows ever are Sweeney Todd and Phanton of The Opera.
I'm a Thespian as well. I'm a fan of Thoroughly Modern Millie; Kiss Me, Kate; Curtains; The Fantasticks; and Children of Eden.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I'm a Thespian as well. I'm a fan of Thoroughly Modern Millie; Kiss Me, Kate; Curtains; The Fantasticks; and Children of Eden.
I never got a card for membership. I hear you are supposed to, but I didn't. Do they mail it?

anyway, my school did Les Miserables this year, and we plan on doing "The Outsiders" for One Act competition,and we might do a revival of "Grease". (We did Grease in 2006).

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
I never got a card for membership. I hear you are supposed to, but I didn't. Do they mail it?

anyway, my school did Les Miserables this year, and we plan on doing "The Outsiders" for One Act competition,and we might do a revival of "Grease". (We did Grease in 2006).
I don't think I did.
Our competition pieces over the past 3 years were Reflex Action, The Insanity of Mary Girard, and Elephant Graveyard.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I don't think I did.
Our competition pieces over the past 3 years were Reflex Action, The Insanity of Mary Girard, and Elephant Graveyard.
Out competition pieces have been The Diviners and The Great gatsby. I'm not sure about the years before that, though I know we DID go to. Competition.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Just saw The Fall of Troy at the Globe a few weeks ago. Some of the players were great (Odysseus, Zeus, and Hera were amazing... Helen, not so much but she also is a model, not an actress) but the overall direction was meh.

I also saw Red Forest and The Valley of Astonishment at the Young Vic. Red Forest was okay; it had a few good individual pieces, but overall it just didn't fit together (they tried to weave different stories from all over the world together and it fell flat to me). The Valley of Astonishment, however, had absolutely amazing acting and atmosphere. Was 75 minutes long and I loved pretty much every bit of it. There was a soliloquy here or there that I wondered about, but otherwise was incredibly strong and funny at times. I do recommend!

Enchlore

Smash Cadet
NNID
Enchlore
I'm a big fan of theatre, though musicals don't please me very much (perhaps a rock opera). I don't know if I can name a favorite play, though. I take theatre at high school, too. My friends say I'm good.

Urz

Smash Cadet
Tommy (fantastic rock opera with music by The Who @ Enchlore Enchlore ) and Phantom are certainly two of my favorites as far as music goes.

I haven't seen any of the recent stuff off Broadway though.

Top Bottom