• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any fandoms you pride yourself in being associated with?

SunDolphin

Smash Rookie
I saw a thread on the opposite side of this topic and it inspired me in finding the good in fandoms. I realize that sometimes when some form of media gathers an immense fanbase it can accumulate a bunch of toxic attitudes and intolerant people but I've been a part of fandoms where I felt mostly love from the other members.

I can name two off the top of my head at the moment. The retro gaming/collecting community and Earthbound/Mother Fans. The mother fandom especially has a kindhearted and enthusiastic fanbase. The goodness and the wit from the game really shines on from the fans.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Melee Community is great (bar a few jerks and trolls we get from time to time) and I am usually pleased with a scene that is so cultured and developed. We can be a bit overly-defensive of our game sometimes, but that's only because we absolutely adore it.

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
Umm, I guess I can say I'm happy with being in the yuru yuri anime fandom. Everyone who I have met who is into the anime was a really nice person. I have yet to meet somebody into it who is a jerk or something like that.

Frisk.

Child of Mercy
Well like every fandom will have extremists that usually make the rest of the fans look bad there are just normal people in every fandom who just really enjoy being a fan and engaging with others who enjoy the same thing.

So yeah there's a dark and a light side to any fanbase.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
I saw a thread on the opposite side of this topic and it inspired me in finding the good in fandoms. I realize that sometimes when some form of media gathers an immense fanbase it can accumulate a bunch of toxic attitudes and intolerant people but I've been a part of fandoms where I felt mostly love from the other members.

I can name two off the top of my head at the moment. The retro gaming/collecting community and Earthbound/Mother Fans. The mother fandom especially has a kindhearted and enthusiastic fanbase. The goodness and the wit from the game really shines on from the fans.
I love that community. Mainly because there's only three games.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Smash, Disney, DC, Marvel, and I guess all cartoon enthusiasts in general.

Not sure if you can group toy collectors as a "fandom" but I guess that counts.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
I don't really find great pleasure in being in a community, but the closest is... well, Smashboards. Yeah, the Smash community. There's a lot of jerks and trolls here, but there's also some of the nicest people on Earth in this community. I'm glad to be a Nintendo fan. :)

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
Smash, Disney, DC, Marvel, and I guess all cartoon enthusiasts in general.

Not sure if you can group toy collectors as a "fandom" but I guess that counts.
Any medium or "community" you belong in is a fandom, no matter what.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Any medium or "community" you belong in is a fandom, no matter what.
I guess that makes sense. I generally avoid the bad apples in the Smash and Disney communities so I never really had a truly negative experience.

zaiman12345

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theawesome4567
Ace Attorney fandoms
JUST SO MUCH YUS
except for when they remind me about SL-9 and DL-6...

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I don't know if it's safe to say I take pride in it, but if you were to ask "Do you like Sonic" I'll tell you, "Hell yeah, I like Sonic!"

Sure the series has gone Up and Down and All Around, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to the next game. That said, I do not care for the comics. They may be great, I don't know, I'm not checking up on them. That means no Sally Acorn and the rest of the Freedom Fighters, no planet Mobius, Sonic takes place on Earth and Humans are its main inhabitants. Also, while I like the name Robotnik, he'll always be Eggman to me.

zaiman12345

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theawesome4567
Never played an ace attorney game in my life, which game should I try first?
I think the original trilogy on 3DS makes the originals better (and cheaper), PLUS you can get the new games on 3DS too. so start with the first game on 3DS and then do JFA and T&T. (i haven't played the new ones)

D

Deleted member

Smash Bros., I suppose.. for the most part. Can't think of anything else.

Top Bottom